The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crazy Awesome: Everything in the whole show can count as this.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Hans Holgar from Neo Denmark. He's got a fish-shaped Gundam, but his smarts and and VERY good looks have given him a special place in the fans's hearts
- Esoteric Happy Ending: While on the personal level it's happy, on the global scale it may not be as happy as it seems. There's another Gundam Fight coming, though the pilots' resolve to preserve the Earth means that it might not be as ecologically-devastating this time round. Basically, depends whether you think they learned their lesson well enough.
- The tone of the series and the conversation between Chairman Karato and Dr. Kasshu in the finale seems to strongly imply that they will devise a way to make the system less destructive, especially since Dr. Kasshu himself is now free to have another try at creating something that can restore Earth. And that won't decide to Kill All Humans if it gets a little dinged up on landing.
- Fashion Victim Villain: Michelo, replete with dark colors and Spikes of Villainy
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In Episode one when the villain opens his Gundam's fist to reveal a hostage, you'll notice the suit only lift's up its middle finger. Yeah.
- Ham and Cheese: My God, this anime is a mile-high ham and cheese sandwich with the works. And it's glorious. Perhaps even more so with the English dub.
- Magnificent Bastard: Both Prime Minister Wong and Master Asia.
- Major Ulube Ishikawa is either this or a VERY highly-efficient Smug Snake.
- Memetic Badass: Master Asia, who could solo the Gundam multiverse. On foot armed only with a sash.
- Also Domon and Rain as a "Memetic Sweet Couple", only Garrod and Tiffa edge them out slightly in that regard.
- Memetic Mutation: Pretty much any variation of Domon's Shining/Erupting God Finger attack, due to the ridiculous levels of Narm Charm it exudes.
- Narm: It's Gundam, there's bound to be a lot of it... but in this case...
- Narm Charm: ...this show wouldn't be HALF the awesome it is if it was NOT corny and narmy. The narmiest moment was Master Asia declaring he would become: Super Asia.
- Or Domon's line in Episode 26: "Except this time, I'M A WONDER BUG!!!"
- This, one of the most Hot-Blooded renditions of Domon's In the Name of the Moon speech.
- Pretty much the entire dub is Narm Charm. It's so hilariously over-the-top and silly, but considering the nature of the show it fits perfectly.
- Of course there's the Grand Finale. Never has been an Anguished Declaration of Love so fucking heartfelt and Hot-Blooded.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: Not the entire series per se, but the entire concept of Alternate Universe timelines: Some of the fandom (mostly in the late 2000s' and the 2010's) noted that the quality of the current AU series may have been slowly deteriorating over time.
- Tear Jerker: Master Asia, Kyouji Kasshu, may your memories live on.
- What Do You Mean It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Some of the Gundam designs are freaking surreal.
- What Measure Is a Non-Badass?: Rain had the misfortune of falling in love with Domon at the end of the series. Cue the cries of "Rain lost coolness because of that" from the Fan Dumb.
- Let's not forget that the Fan Dumb consider Rain "inferior" to Allenby due to being more traditionally feminine than she is and for being the Ms. Fanservice, ignoring her multifaceted personality.
- Or the alternate interpretation that while Rain may have ended up with Domon, Allenby still remains as single and available (as available as an anime character can be, natch) as ever.
- Villain Decay: Prime Minister Wong, in rather anvilicious fashion to make way for Urube's last-minute Starscream Gambit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.