|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Fridge Logic: The Rising Gundam's overall motif is that of the samurai's wife, who defends the homestead with bow and naginata. It makes sense for Rain to use it, except that the show says it was made for Ulube, and Rain appropriated it.
- The naginata is traditionally the weapon of a samurai's wife, yes, but the samurai himself was just as likely to use a bow (in fact, the longbow was originally their signature weapon, before the katana was even invented). And it wasn't until the Edo Period that the naginata became associated with women; for centuries beforehand, it was a common infantry weapon.
- Fridge Brilliance: Domon is the only Gundam Fighter that doesn't look like an ethnic stereotype... until you notice that he's a martial artist obsessed with family values and honor, and that his Gundam has a fairly stardard look because the average Gundam always looked like a Samurai.
- If every Gundam fighter is a national stereotype, why is the German fighter a ninja? Because he's actually Japanese. In other words, he's a Japanese stereotype disguised as a German stereotype.
- A little something from Mobile Fighter G Gundam: Domon's crest may seem out-of-place, but come the last episode, it makes perfect sense.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.