|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mitsuharu Misawa is a former Japanese professional wrestler. Best known for being one Japan's biggest stars in All Japan Pro Wrestling, leading a massive talent exodus from AJPW to form his own promotion Pro Wrestling NOAH and having the largest amount of recognized five star matches in history. Sadly, he passed away during a match in 2009.
Tropes associated with Mitsuharu Misawa:
- The Ace: Misawa almost never lost, and he was booked as a wrestler who could do anything and everything, to be fair, he is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time who really do anything and everything.
- Badass Beard
- Casualty in the Ring
- Color Coded for Your Convenience: Emerald green, as evidenced by his ring gear and the color of the NOAH ring mats.
- Cool Mask: During his tenure as Tiger Mask II.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: His entrance theme "Spartan X".
- Finishing Move: Several, including the Emerald Flowsion, Tiger Driver '91 and the Rolling Elbow.
- Lightning Bruiser: While he got his start as the high flying Tiger Mask II, Misawa was a talented heavyweight whose primary finishers were a Powerslam variant and a Powerbomb.
- One of Us: Besides being a great wrestler, he was an avid videogamer who loved Final Fantasy, Super Robot Taisen, Fire Emblem and Super Mario Bros..