The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Keith David was part of the Kingdom of Make Believe. No, really.
- Also, Bill Nye, whose television debut was actually on this show before he got his own.
- Nice Character, Mean Actor: Completely and utterly averted. Despite whatever fake stories flitter around the internet and other presenters of children's shows, Mr Rogers took pride in being every bit as warm and friendly in real life as he was on television.
- Talking to Himself: Fred Rogers voiced most of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe puppets.
- What Could Have Been: When Sesame Street's Big Bird appeared on the show, Rogers' original script called for his performer, Caroll Spinney, to remove his costume and discuss the inner-workings of the Big Bird puppet. Spinney objected, however, because he didn't believe in ruining the illusion of Big Bird for the children. Big Bird ended up appearing as himself in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.
- The same episode had Rogers donning a giraffe costume and telling the viewers, "When you see big make-believe creatures in parades or in plays or on television, you can know that the people inside are just pretending to be something else."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.