The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Straight: With the Big Bad on the verge of destroying the kingdom, the bickering misfits suddenly put their differences aside and pull off a well-coordinated counterattack.
- Exaggerated: Characters actually throwing punches at each other stop in the middle of their fight to turn on the Big Bad and tear him to pieces.
- Justified: When the misfits put their differences aside, a magic spell turns them into a Badass Crew due to their Power of Love.
- Inverted: The Badass crew is facing off against the Big Bad and suddenly become an uncoordinated backbiting mob.
- Subverted: The bickering misfits put their differences aside and work together, but fail to stop the Big Bad because they hadn't been practicing previously.
- Double Subverted: The bickering misfits put their differences aside, fail to stop the Big Bad, only to have him be defeated by a lucky throw from the team Woobie.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Parodied: The misfits go from being bickering, backbiting losers into a precision-coordinated crew in a matter of seconds.
- Deconstructed: The misfits neglect their preparations to bicker. One of them calls out the rest of them on it and they get in an argument about that. They're still fighting when the Big Bad shows up. They barely get their act together, and depending on the tone of the story, win by the skin of their teeth, get a bittersweet victory with half their number dead, or lose with them all killed or enslaved. Even if they do win, afterwards, they still blame each other for everything that went wrong and eventually drift apart.
- Reconstructed: The misfits finally working out their differences in the face of the Big Bad is mirrored by the Big Bad's Five-Bad Band, that had worked together perfectly for the first part of the story, turning on itself during the final confrontation. Even if they are narcissistic, argumentative, rash, or otherwise unheroic, the misfits are still basically good.
- Averted: The misfits maintain their infighting, and they attack each other as much as they attack the Big Bad.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Just as the Ancient Prophecy foretold, the kingdom will be saved when the squabblers stop squabbling."
- Invoked: The team members intentionally fight amongst themselves so they'll be more effective against the Big Bad.
- Defied: The Big Bad secretly works to stop the infighting between the misfits.
- Discussed: "Isn't this when we're supposed to stop arguing with each other and kick the villain's ass?"
- Conversed: "The biggest fear of any Evil Overlord is a band of rag-tag uncoordinated losers."
Back to Misfit Mobilization Moment
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.