|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- When Paul admonishes Annie for bringing him an imperfect stack of paper, Annie says she'll get him a new one...then unleashes a state of Deadpan Snarking combined with Tranquil Fury that would make Edmund Blackadder clap his approval:
Annie Wilkes: "Anything else I can get while I'm in town? Any other crucial requirements that need satisfying? Would you like a tiny tape recorder? Or maybe a handmade set of writing slippers? Are you sure? Because, if you want, I'll bring back the whole store for ya!"
- Paul's first written lines of his new novel: fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
- Annie's...creative swear words.
Annie: He didn't get out of the cockadoodie car!
- Whenever Paul goes into an Imagine Spot parallel to his current situation. The horse-race announcements during his time alone in a locked room helped soften the horrifying situation.
- From the book:
Three nights ago, when he was sure she was upstairs, he had sneaked one of the sample boxes out and had read everything on the label, although he supposed he had read everything he needed when he saw what Novril's principal ingredient was. Maybe you spelled relief R-O-L-A-I-D-S, but you spelled Novril C-O-D-E-I-N-E.
- The scene in the movie after Annie breaks Paul's ankles. She waves at him and blows a kiss and he responds by flipping her the bird. She laughs and says that he's "Such a kidder!"