|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
>Continue Metaphysical ref-
Okay, you're not doing this. Command prompts are an inefficient way of informing readers of information.
Mirrorcemented is an RP based on the popular webcomic Homestuck, started in May 2011. It follows a session with six normal kids and six more normal kids who just happen to be the same as the first six yet completely different (let's just designate the groups 'Sinister' and 'Dexter' for now). Along for the ride are seven trolls, twelve different guardians and a host of supporting characters who have not appeared yet, but the GM assures will be important later. Obviously, everything will go well.
Currently, two days have passed in character, with two pairs of humans having entered. At least two side characters have appeared and are being rather mysterious about things.
The RP is currently not accepting new members, but you can read it here.
Tropes featured in this RP:
- Acceptable Breaks From Canon: Anything different in the functioning of SBURB can be Hand Waved with the phrase 'SBURB v1.1'.
- The Alcoholic: Lucas's cousin.
- Alternate Universe: In addition to the titular Mirror Universes, we have the troll universe and the one that preceded it.
- Agent Scully: Alexander, although it's hard to say who is his Agent Mulder
- Arc Numbers: 2613, apparently.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Lucas and Sara.
- Big Fancy House: Alex, Alexander and Zachary have rather wealthy parents.
- Chekhov's Gun: Luke's Monocle. It may seem an unimportant piece of dapper refinery for now, but wait until the LAAAAZZEERR MONOCLE!
- Chekhov's Hobby: Lucas in preparing for the IMMINENT Z-DAY, encounters another adventure- however, him having a book on Zombie Survival and a baseball bat at the ready comes in handy when fighting imps and such.
- Childhood Friend Romance: Both Saras and Lucases has this in their back story- but each universe has a slightly different outcome.
- Cool Boat: Noah's house.
- Deadpan Snarker: A number of the characters.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Two of the trolls died off screen.
- Driven to Suicide: Word of God reason for Invisi's death
- Eldritch Abomination: A given for any story related to Homestuck, though there are... other forces as well. No less than 5 people are confirmed to be affiliated with them- and there are even a few who, instead of being targets, SCARE THE HORRORTERRORS AWAY.
- Everybody Lives: More specifically, unlike 99% of Homestuck based R Ps, Earth is not due for a quick bombardment with meteors.
- Expy: Adelio is definitely not inspired by Zorro
- Face Heel Turn: Debatable, for Luke. He could have been messed up since his split in reality from Lucas, but he has never been truly evil. However, as the Deathbad kicks in, he really approaches the Moral Event Horizon. It remains to be seen if he actually reaches that horizon, or is able to Heel Face Turn.
- Jerkass: Zachary in the Sinister Universe and Noah in the Dexter Universe.
- Jerkass Facade: Alexander
- Lethal Lava Land: Sara's land.
- Like Brother and Sister: As a counter to Lucas and Sara, Luke and Opal are this.
- Mirror Universe
- My Name Is Not Durwood:
- We know your name is not Noah, Trey, but we need to distiguish you from your counterpart somehow.
- Out of character, Alainn (pronounced 'Ah-lun') receives this treatment, to the chagrin of his player.
- No Fourth Wall: Not in the prompts, anyway.
- Psychic Powers: Trey gets Telekinesis.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Noah and Zach.
- Running Gag: Quite a few.
- Serendipity Writes the Plot: AKA 'IT WRITES ITSELF'
- Shout-Out: Many to canon Homestuck.
- Sir Swearsalot: Noah.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Luke's land.
- The Snark Knight: Alexander
- Stylistic Suck: Opal's pieces of writing are approaching My Immortal levels of hilarity.
- Tsundere: Sara to Lucas. Ninian also appears to be this.
- Unholy Holy Sword
- Weapon of Choice: Each character has at least one, as a result of the mechanics of Homestuck.
- Lucas uses bats although he may end up branching out.
- Sara uses soccer balls
- Liz uses spears.
- Zachary makes use of Cane Fu, although we have yet to see this yet.
- Trey has Psychic Powers.
- Alex, despite having assigned his Strife Specibus to this, has made it clear he will not be using his pool cue. He has more respect for it than that.
- Luke uses swordkind
- Opal (mis)uses Office Supplies.
- Lisa uses her umbrella.
- Zach also uses a sword.
- Noah doesn't need a weapon
- Alexander apparently uses a WWII machine gun.
- Word of God: He can be rather loose-lipped at times.