|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Two of the same character fight each other.
- Straight: Two identical Alices exist for some reason. They fight.
- Exaggerated: Alice can't even see anyone who kind of looks like her, or even an actual mirror, without trying to beat the crap out of them.
- Justified: One of the Alices is her Evil Twin from the Mirror Universe.
- Inverted: Screw Yourself.
- Subverted: One Alice turns out to actually be Carol wearing an Alice mask.
- Double Subverted: So does the other.
- Parodied: Alice beats up somebody wearing a Paper Thin Alice disguise. They do a Fearful Symmetry anyway.
- Deconstructed: The two Alices get into a Fearful Symmetry match, ending in a Double Knockout. Repeatedly.
- Reconstructed: One Alice catches on after the second or so round, and makes a backwards move that causes the other Alice to stumble over a curb that wasn't present on the first Alice's side. With the symmetry broken, the match proceeds.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The two Alices get along quite well.
- Or Alice fights against a completely different person that has no significant similarity to herself.
- Enforced: "If we're introducing an Evil Twin for Alice, you know we have to have a fight between them."
- Lampshaded: "Seems there's a clone of Alice running around. Bet you ten bucks they get into a fight."
- Invoked: "Hey Alice, I just found out the other you is sleeping with your boyfriend."
- Defied: Characters conspire to keep the two Alices far, far away from each other.
- Discussed: "So who do you think would win in a fight: Our Alice or the Mirror Universe's Alice?"
- Conversed: "They're doing a Mirror Universe episode. You just know they're gonna have Alice fight her counterpart."
- Played For Laughs: See Deconstructed.
Back to the other version of this trope. They'll do battle later.