The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Everyone Is Jesus in Purgatory - For real, this time. The whole thing is extremely psychological.
- Fridge Horror - With a hint of Never Mess with Granny. The Sphinx are very heavily implied to be man-eating. Mrs. Bagwell has at least 30 of them in her house, if unwillingly. Her advice to Helena? "Don't let them see you're afraid." Bit of a Crowning Moment of Awesome for the old bird.
- Nightmare Fuel - "Why do birds / Suddenly appear?" with some intentional Uncanny Valley for good measure.
- Note that the Uncanny Valley just topped it off, it wasn't by far the most disturbing part of the scene. The symbolism and literalism, especially with the Soundtrack Dissonance thrown in, was the most disturbing part of the scene.
- "Hungry. Still hungry."
- "And dear, don't let them see you're afraid."
- The puppets in the below entry. There's just something about them that makes you wonder what's going on in their heads...
- Uncanny Valley - The puppets in the "Close To You" brainwashing scene. What makes them uncanny is that though they are obviously unnatural clockwork, they have elegant motion-capture movements and perfect choreography. It's like watching wooden skeletons perform Swan Lake.
- The sphinxes may also fall in here, though they're so goofy and cartoonish it blunts the effect.
- What Do You Mean It's for Kids?
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.