The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Adaptation Displacement: Philip K. Dick is the accidental master of this trope.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment:
- The chase sequence with the jetpack cops. Five minutes of action that is oddly comedic as we see average people like a boy playing a saxophone react to jetpacks flying through the housing complex.
- The scene where Anderton jumps off of his car through a window only to be greeted by about fifteen women oddly contorted in some form of yoga. It is never mentioned again.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: Bach's "Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring" is used very well.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Press X to SEAN!!!!
- Idiot Ball: Anderton learns that he's been predicted to go to one place at one time and kill someone. He responds by going to that exact time and place, allowing himself to be easily framed, when he could have just stayed away until after the murder was supposed to happen and made sure he had a good alibi for that time. Figuring out who tried to set him up could wait until they've failed.
- Magnificent Bastard: Lamar Burgess. He literally made a career out of faking out Precrime; first by disguising Anne Lively's murder as an "echo", then by disguising all three visions of Crow's death as brown balls by putting the plan in action while Anderton was at the office, ensuring that he would either be arrested immediately or run, so when Crow be found with the Orgy of Evidence that could lead Anderton to murder it looked planned by Anderton. The only thing Burgess couldn't see coming was Anderton figuring out everything in time to tell it all to his wife, even if he wasn't free to act on the information himself.
- Nausea Fuel:
- The other bottle of milk and sandwich.
- Sick sticks. Likely much more effective than a nightstick, but potentially much worse if they're aiming at you. And probably incredibly painful if you have an empty stomach when you get sticked.
- Nightmare Fuel: Have a nice trip to containment...
- Honestly, the And I Must Scream life of the precogs is a little terrifying.
- Paranoia Fuel: All over the place.
- The Problem with Licensed Games:
- The Woobie: The three Precogs. They were born to Fantastic Drug addicts and spent all of their lives having nightmares about murders. Then, people started to get wind of this and whisked them off and did unmentioned (but implied to be nasty) things to them. Then the Precog system was set up, which meant that they were forced to spend years and years lying in a drugged stupor in a pool, watching endless future murders. Oh, and the one time we hear about one of the parents trying to save her child from that, she's murdered. And said child is forced to watch her own mother's death and then watch as everyone ignores it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.