|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A pioneering Platform Game created by Bill Hogue, Miner 2049er stars a fat Mountie named Bounty Bob who explores the derelict uranium mine that once belonged to Nuclear Ned in pursuit of the Swedish fur trapper Yukon Yohan. Bounty Bob must "claim" all the stations in the mine while avoiding or eliminating the mutant organisms that live there.
Originally released in 1982 by Big Five Software for Atari 8 Bit Computers, the game was soon ported to a wide variety of home computers and consoles.
A sequel, Bounty Bob Strikes Back!, was released in 1984.
- Collision Damage: The mutant organisms are harmful to touch, apparently because they absorbed a high level of radiation in the mine.
- Directionally Solid Platforms: Most obvious in the "Lillipads" levels.
- Human Cannonball: Bounty Bob has to load a cannon with TNT and then shoot himself out of it.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Bounty Bob.
- Public Domain Soundtrack: "Clementine" as the intro theme.
- Smashing Hallway Traps of Doom: One station has a whole row of crushing traps to walk through.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Two stations feature teleporters that connect four different levels. These have to be allowed to recharge between uses.
- Timed Mission: The "Miner Timer" means each station has to be completed in a fixed time.