|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
You know him. The suave millionaire who surrounds himself with beautiful women. Yes, they're only attracted to his money and influence-- but he knows it. He exults in it. And you're never, ever, ever going to get as much tail as him.
If he is moonlighting as a superhero, see Rich Idiot With No Day Job.
- Roger Smith from the anime The Big O is a heroic millionaire who protect people with his giant robot. He also averts Rich Idiot With No Day Job, as he has an extremely difficult, high-profile and well-paying day job as a negotiator that funds Big O's upkeep, even.
- Ukyo from Samurai 7 could be seen as a variation of this, considering his extensive harem and insane amounts of wealth (the room all his harem girls gather in has a whale in a tank).
- Ranmaru Mori fits this trope very well.
- Bruce Wayne acts like this in some continuities.
- Oliver Queen, before he gave away his fortune in the Seventies.
- Tony Stark, especially in the movies.
- Ultimate Tony Stark takes this to somewhat ridiculous degrees.
- Tsu Ma in David Wingrove's Chung Kuo series. It helps being the supreme lord of West Asia.
- Lamont Cranston.
- Deconstructed in The Great Gatsby with Gatsby himself.
- In The Flea Palace by Elif Shafak, Edith is somewhere between this and a Kavorka Man (a Rare Female Example in either case). She uses her wealth and taste to welcome a crowd of men to her house (prefers intellectuals) and they're fascinated and want to sleep with her although she's extraordinarily ugly.
- Zack Young tried to emulate this kind of character during the third season of Desperate Housewives.
- Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl.
- Smallville's Lex Luthor while the playboy part is more reputation.
- Hugh Hefner is one, as reflected in the name of the magazine he founded.
- Tales of Symphonia's Zelos Wilder
- Xander Crews from the show Frisky Dingo acts as the super hero Awesome X. Xander is also a Rich Idiot With No Day Job. He killed all of the bad guys in the town but it is hard to consider him heroic as he is an asshole.