|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Miitopia is a role-playing game on the Nintendo 3DS released in Japan in 2016 and in North America and Europe in 2017. It is a spin-off to the Tomodachi series, and features Miis in nearly every role.
The player controls a Mii traveler who travels to the land of Miitopia. In this land, they encounter a Dark Lord, who has been stealing inhabitants' faces and placing them on monsters. With the help of an antique charm, it is now up to the protagonist and their new teammates to defeat the Dark Lord and restore everyone's faces.
- Character Customization: Every character, except non-human characters such as Toby the Dog, can be given a custom name and appearance using options from the Nintendo Switch Mii Maker. Party members are also given personalities and a job.
- Disc One Final Boss: The Dark Lord. Turns out the Dark Lord was possessed by the Dark Curse the whole time, and the Dark Curse proceeds to possess the Great Sage after the Dark Lord is defeated.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity: The Guardian Spirit, who allows the protagonist to pick their job and shows up occasionally to help afterwards.
- The Hero: The protagonist.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: The HP Bananas.
- Job System: Each party members has a job, which gives them specific abilities. They also have levels tied to specific jobs, and reaching a new level unlocks new abilities. Jobs, however, cannot be freely changed until the protagonist reaches Karkaton.
- Lethal Lava Land: Karkaton.
- The Man Behind the Man: The Dark Curse is the one really in control of the supposed Big Bad, the Dark Lord.
- Shifting Sand Land: Neksdor.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: Powdered Peaks.
- Trauma Inn: When the party gets to an inn, everyone's HP is fully restored.