|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Microsoft Sam Reads Funny Windows Errors is a series by YouTuber Thunderbirds101. The series is Exactly What It Says on the Tin; Microsoft Sam reading humorous Windows errors. There are many sub-series (the most notable is Reads Stupid and Weird Signs, which is actually the series his first video is part of), but we'll refer to them all under this name.
- Big No: When something upsets Sam a lot, he does a rather humorous one: "NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O".
- But Thou Must!: Many errors have desirable options greyed out, with only the undesirable options left.
- Butt Monkey: All of the main Speakonia voices. Special mention goes to Radar Overseer Scotty, as well as Sam himself.
- Cartoonland Time: Whenever there is a time skip in a video, the caption will usually display a ridiculously small amount of time, such as a few nanoseconds.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Happened to a degree in the third and fourth seasons, with a greater emphasis being placed on story rather than just classic, random, goofy shenanigans while reading errors. Later inverted in Season 5, which featured a return to the original format.
- Cluster F-Bomb: "GODDAMNITSONOFABITCHPIECEOFSHITMOTHERFUCKINGASSHOLEFUCKFUCK".
- Even Evil Has Standards: Though Sam may not be necessarily evil, he certainly comes across as a bit of a Jerkass, but even he will help to fight against the various true villains of the series.
- Follow the Leader: Likely inspired many duplicates.
- Inherently Funny Words: "Taking a dump". Actually, there are a lot of them, like Tacos, Penguins, Diarrhea, and the infamous SWAAAAA.
- Jerkass: Sam
- Mind Screw: Some of the signs he reads in Reads Stupid And Weird Signs.
- Motor Mouth: Sam does this a lot, like in the aforementioned Cluster F-Bomb. Also, in one Reads Stupid and Weird Signs special, he drinks an energy drink that makes him read the signs extremely fast (and too early).
- Take That: Several to Windows Vista.
- Toilet Humour: Sam often talks about "taking a dump" (often of the diarrhea variety), and his "diarrhea-infested toilet".
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tacos.
- Vocal Dissonance: Sam is drawn as a stick figure, when he sounds like a bulky guy.
- We Are Experiencing Technical Difficulties: When something goes wrong, there will be a cut to a test pattern superseded by a humorous message.
- The Wiki Rule: Here.