Michael Kamen (1948-2003) was a particularly versatile musician, composing scores for TV, film and even rock bands and ballets.
He was also the mentor for composers Ilan Eshkeri, Edward Shearmur and Marius de Vries.
Kamen provided music for:
- X-Men 1 (2000 film)
- The Iron Giant
- Event Horizon
- 101 Dalmations (1996)
- Mr. Holland's Opus
- The Three Musketeers 1993
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- Licence to Kill
- Last Action Hero (with Buckethead)
- The first three Die Hard films
- All of the Lethal Weapon films
- Highlander (1986 film)
Kamen is also known for his work as an arranger for pop and rock bands.
- He worked with Pink Floyd on their megahit The Wall (his first job for a rock band) and was one of the few artists to work with both David Gilmour and Roger Waters after the band broke up.
- He provided orchestrations for much of Queensryche's debut album The Warning, arranged cellos and Ominous Latin Chanting for their break-out Rock Opera Operation Mindcrime, and added a symphony to their Top Ten song "Silent Lucidity".
- He composed and conducted the symphony for Metallica's live concert album S&M.
- He also worked with such diverse artists as Eurythmics, Bryan Adams, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, David Bowie, Queen and Kate Bush.
As far as we know, he was not a Rider.