|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
One way for a character to deliver a severe beatdown on an opponent is to pick said opponent up (often by the feet) and slam him left-right-left-right overhead into the ground. It's generally an indication that either the character doing the slamming is very strong, or very angry. This can be played for even greater effect if the character doing the slamming is either very small or, in normal circumstances, shouldn't have that kind of strength at all.
A specific kind of Grievous Harm with a Body.
- The spider in this Mentos commercial does it to a full-grown man.
Anime & Manga
- An Indigo League episode of the Pokémon anime has Ash's Bulbasaur get beaten up by a Bellsprout in this manner.
- The Black Rock Shooter TV anime has Strength do this to BRS.
- Asterix himself has been known to do it, though Obélix uses it more frequently.
Films -- Animation
- Kung Fu Panda: Po is beaten by Mantis using this style of beatdown.
- The Twelve Tasks of Asterix: Cylindric the German does it to Obélix.
Films -- Live Action
- The Avengers has The Incredible Hulk shutting Loki up this way, interrupting Loki's A God Am I rant towards the "puny" Hulk.
- The page image comes from the SNES port of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time. Here's a video of it.
- Killer Instinct: Glacius does this.
- In Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super-Skrull combines this with his Mr. Fantastic and Thing powers.
- In Super Smash Bros Brawl, Samus can do this with her up grapple attack.
- In Super Street Fighter IV, T.Hawk has this as his second ultra combo.
- Oro in Super Street Fighter III has this as one of his super arts.(Go to the 30s mark)
- In Earthworm Jim, a tiny cat mook will do this to Jim if he approaches it. Then again, it's a really fast way to skip parts of the level if you have enough energy to endure it.
- This is a constant part of Jax's moveset in any Mortal Kombat he appears.
- Sonic Unleashed: Sonic the Werehog can use the Beatdown to do this to some of the bigger mooks once he gets his elasticated hands on them.
- The Tank does this to some zombies in the intro movie of Left 4 Dead.
- In The King of Fighters series, Goro Daimon's signature grapple super takes this form. Orochi Yashiro has one as his command throw and two of his supers, assuming Limit Break.
- Though the video game itself suffers from crushing monotony, The Tick for the Genesis allows the eponymous hero to do this as an entertaining finishing move on the various enemies in the game (alongside an uppercut that can launch them off screen or simple finger-flick to the head that sends them sprawling).
- Skullgirls: This is one of Cerebella's super attacks, topped off by her flinging the opponent in the air and impaling them on a blade hidden in one of her Tricked-Out Shoes.
- Shank can do this after grabbing a basic Mook and stabbing them mulitple times.
- In Chrono Trigger certain enemies (the scorpion-like Sir Krawlie and his later Palette Swaps) can do this to your characters as a HP to One attack.
- Ninja Baseball Bat Man has Beanball Roger's Foil Buster.
- One of the finishers in MadWorld has Jack doing this, finishing by tossing the enemy into anything or anyone in his way. It's pretty satisfying to watch.
- The scorpion enemies do this to you in Pitfall 3D Beyond the Jungle.
- The Last Days of Foxhound: How Liquid defeats the cyborg ninja for the second time ( after being impaled by his sword, no less).
- Phase of the Whateley Universe did this to a giant. In "Boston Brawl II" Phase (who is five foot nothing but a density changer) pounded the forty-foot Matterhorn like this, and then - just to add insult to injury - once he was onconscious, Phase used him as a giant flail, smashing some of the other supervillains in the battle.
- The Atom Ant Show: The tiny Atom Ant hands out pounding in this style.
- The Powerpuff Girls
- Droopy Dog: Droopy can do this, but only if you make him angry.
- The Flintstones: Bamm Bamm BAM-BAM-BAM!
- The Ant and the Aardvark has this happen after the ant took some vitamins.
- Dave the Barbarian has Amoeba wrestling.
- Kim Possible: The ninja toddler Hana does this to Monkey Fist.
- Darkwing Duck: Stegmutt is talked into pretending that Darkwing is on fire and "putting him out".
- Looney Tunes
- The Walter Lantz character Inspector Willoughby does this to thugs twice his size.
- Tom and Jerry: Jerry does this to Tom once when he (Jerry) got super-strength.
- In Wakfu, this happens to Sadlygrove during his fight against the Dragon-Pig. It would have gone for even longer if Evangelyne hadn't courageously bitten the Dragon-Pig's tail, distracting the monster.
- In the Tiny Toon Adventures music video for "Particle Man", Person Man wrestles in this manner.
- Gaz does this to her brother Dib in Invader Zim after he accidentally curses her to taste nothing but pork.
- Johnny Bravo suffers this every now and then. In an episode, Jungle Boy does it to his evil ape advisor.