The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
You think such a dark series would be serious all the way, right? Well, WRONG!!
- In the manga snippet "Gourmet" Expert, a Samus Eater does what its name implies (complete with OM NOM NOM). However, it spits the main character back on its own, dissatisfied. Samus is quite pissed that it thinks she tastes bad.
Samus: "Bleck"?! Why did you say "bleck"?
- By extension, the entire Super Metroid Manga. Seriously, if you haven't read it, go read it. You can find it on the Metroid Database.
- Super Metroid's Crocomire, who suffers a Family Unfriendly Death by being forced onto a none-too sturdy bridge over a pool of acid, then falling into the acid, which melts his flesh off, leaving nothing but his skeleton. And then, the skeleton breaks through the behind Samus spiked wall to get his revenge against her...only to crumble to dust, leaving behind his skull. Of course, Your Mileage May Vary.
- In Super Metroid, crashing into the ceiling with the Shinespark move will embed Samus's head into it with an audible thud.
- Mini-Kraid. Just the idea of Mini-Kraid alone.
- The Yard from Super Metroid is an enemy found in Maridia that looks like a giant snail. Shooting it causes it to retract into its shell, which can then be knocked around. It actually bounces when hit, so Samus could play a game of kickball with a startled Yard.
- In a manga that parodied the NES Metroid, Samus noticed that the pipes that dispensed Zebs looked very much like a certain plumber's method of public transportation. When she tried to climb into it, she recieved a very painful bite on the ass. It makes one wonder why this didn't happen to Mario.
- In the Super Metroid manga strip in which Samus gets the X-Ray Scope, she tries it out on a nearby wall and...sees two Etecoons making out, who are shocked by the accidental Peeping Tom.
- There are a few moments when the AI reprimands Samus in Fusion and her response is akin to a guilty silence.
- Samus describing her situation towards the end of Zero Mission with "All I had for protection was my rather useless emergency pistol" shows a wonderfully dry sense of humour from our hero.
- Many of the Space Pirate Journal Entries in the Metroid Prime games. Especially any that makes the others refrain from leaving pets near Metroids, refusing to allow Metroids to be used as pets, or their folly of trying to replicate Samus's Morph Ball technology...
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.