The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Spanners (the mechanics) have a move where they place a turret on the ground. One of their rejected names is also "Engineer".
- The first level is called "I, Meta".
- Metal Grinder (the steamroller-tank Miniboss) is based off Metal Rear and Mad Grinder. It even shares some moves off them.
- The leader of the circuits-and-metal Motor Hound Mooks is called "Chaos". He acts as if he's the badass president of the world, even though he's just a commander of a squad of Mooks.
- Earth's capital city is run by an oppressive government that uses Ninja Robots to instill fear into the people (those who saw the ending of The Ninja Warriors Again will notice something similar) ... and the background music played when battling them is Daddy Mulk, from The Ninja Warriors.
- The Roader enemies share the same name and attack pattern as the Roader enemies from Mega Man.
- Dreadhead shouts "YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!" before he fights you.
- Strike the Scorpion is a bipedal scorpion nanomachine colony. With a cobra-head for his tail. Quickstrike from Beast Wars, anyone?
- Psionic and -kinesis attacks have no effect on BlackTech units. Remember, Psychic attacks can't hit Dark-types. BlackTech units also tend to be Combat Pragmatists that fight dirty, similar to Dark-types.
- Shark tells your character "I'm bigger than you and higher up the food chain!" Another boss, this one with a black hole for his body, shouts "GET IN MY BELLY!!!" when he does his Limit Break to suck you in.
- The Lock-on Homing Laser weapon (the strong one used by Raybombers, not the weaker ones) is similar to that of the Ray Series. You have to lock onto enemies to use it. The laser colour changes from blue to green to red as its strength increases, similar to Ray Force, while the lock-on reticule is like that of Ray Storm.
- The Gunwhale boss is first seen being carried by eight flying bird-like robots, similar to the Twitter Fail Whale. Plus, it looks very similar to Great Thing.
- The Shadow Nightmare Virus can only be destroyed by energy-based cutting weapons. Everything else doesn't faze it. (Their name is a combination of both similar viruses from the Battle Network series)
- One of the more hilarious enemies is an constantly swearing robot that gets pissed when damaged and proceeds to counter by angrily whacking its opponent with an over-sized keyboard.
- After Raysilon defeats Epsilon, he says "You left me no choice, brother". Note that both of them are actually two of three similar beings, so they can be considered brothers of sorts.
- The Monster Compendium section has a bit of trivia and silly facts about the enemies, including "rejected names" for baddies. Some of the rejected names are Shout Outs to other works, usually because said names would infringe on copyrights or are outright joke names.
- Then there's also the "rejected names for weapons", which are due to similar reasons.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.