The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crazy Awesome: Is an explanation really needed? The entire game.
- Crosses the Line Twice: As if Richard's atrocities in the Zero-Percent Approval Rating entry weren't enough, he enacts a law that calls for the immediate public execution (by guillotine) of any Metal Wolf sympathizers who don't confess by a previously set timeline. Along with their family members within four separations. And their old classmates. AND their friends and coworkers.
- The whole game is this. Foreign game has the US President saving the US by killing lots of people? Offensive. US President saving the US by staging a one-man war on his Vice President in a mecha suit while blowing lots of shit up and spitting out cheesy one-liners in the most hot-blooded fashion ever? Awesomesauce.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: "Metal Fighter". One Woman Wailing Ominous Japanese Chanting over an Epic Riff? Hell yes.
- Foe Yay: Richard and Michael's relationship is very... charged to say the least. Richard even points this out during one battle. Later that same battle, he sounds like he confirms this with the line "I'll...hug you to death!" However, his delivery of this line might suggest that he's just running out of effective taunts to begin the fight with, especially because he delivers this line late in the game. But then again, that theory gets thrown out of the window later in that same fight...
- ... Are those mechs arm-wrestling? Over the podium with the President's seal? While onlookers cheer them on?
- Fridge Logic: If you kill any Metal Wolf sympathizers (and their family up to four separations, and friends and co-workers, and their friends,family, and co-workers) Won't you have to pretty much kill the entire nation at that point- Oh wait Metal Wolf Chaos. Never mind then.
- Fridge Brilliance: Would you really put it past Richard Hawk? He did try to nuke America from orbit after all!
- Ham and Cheese: Arguably a completely intentional version of this (as in, the developers were aiming towards this effect). You can practically hear the voice actors laughing in the studios as they're recording.
- Holy Shit Quotient:
RivalingSurpassing Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
- Taken to unbelievable absurdity. At one point Michael destroys an orbiting space station and then rides a piece of debris back down to Earth like a surfboard
- Memetic Mutation: At least on this wiki there's a tendency to- MICHAEL!!!
- HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!?!
- -refer to this game as such on an example with no other information.
- BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM or BURNING AMERICAN JUSTICE, which will always be in full caps and bold when possible.
- "And the reason is... I AM THE PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!1!!1!"
- Most Wonderful Sound: The aforementioned HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?!
- Narm Charm: The voice acting and writing as a whole.
- So Bad It's Good: This game embodies this. If it was a movie, it'd be the single greatest B-Movie ever made. Only applies to the storyline, though; the actual gameplay is good, by all accounts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.