The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Many. Notably, Gray Fox's Big Damn Heroes moment at the end of the game, where he rescues Snake from REX.
- Also, even though he's a villain, Psycho Mantis gets one of these in his boss battle when he reads your memory card and comments on the games. During the fight, he reads Snake's mind and cannot be hit unless the player actually unplugs the controller and moves it to another port. Or shoots a statue. In any case, yeah, Mantis has No Fourth Wall.
- Just looking at a shortlist of what Snake does, you'd be hard pressed to think of which one is his crowning moment in this game.
- Hell, Snake beating a tank with grenades is so badass, that in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots upon Snake's return to the area of the battle, if the player contacts Otacon via the Codec, Snake mentions this battle and Otacon asks how he won. Snake's nonchalant explanation ("I used grenades. Because I didn't have any armor piercing weapons.") immediately gives way to Otacon's utter astonishment, capped with him remarking that Snake is a total badass.
- A Real Life example - In 2010, the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine held a poll for the readers to vote for the best PlayStation game across all three home consoles since 1995 - Metal Gear Solid was second, with only Uncharted 2: Among Thieves coming above it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.