The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Adaptation First: The NES version was the first version released in North America, as the MSX2 standard was never available in America. Although technically a port, it has enough differences to be considered a separate game.
- Disowned Adaptation: Kojima considers the NES version of the first Metal Gear to be a Porting Disaster of his original MSX2 game.
- Averted with Snakes Revenge, which he actually considers to be a good game.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: David Hayter, the voice of Solid and Naked Snake, wrote (among other things) the scripts for the first two X-Men movies and the Watchmen movie.
- Hey Its That Guyver. Hayter is credited as Sean Barker (his character in Guyver) in the early trial versions of the first Metal Gear Solid.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Considering the size of the cast, it's not surprising.
- Naomi Hunter is Emma Emmerich, and both are Bastila, Shepard, Aayla Secura, Samus Aran, and can also be found... well pretty much everywhere.
- Liquid Snake was Leonardo. The turtle, not the painter. He was also Kratos (the angel, not the angry, half-naked Greek guy).
- Colonel Campbell is Grandpa Max, Perceptor and pretty much every old man in the Capital Wasteland, not to mention Hojo. He is also Judicator Aldaris and he would like to remind you that you must Construct Additional Pylons.
- Mei Ling is Lian Xing, Isabella Keyes and Subaru.
- Revolver Ocelot, I am not kidding here, also was Elroy Jetson.
- Solidus Snake was Canderous and Iron Man
- Sniper Wolf is Poison Ivy and Spider-Woman.
- Vamp was Green Lantern, Samurai Jack and I kid you not: Static Shock.
- He was also Marvin. Given Kojima's love of and influence from films, it makes you wonder if it's a coincidence how many times he gets shot in the face.
- Solid Snake was also Captain America on the 1990s Spider-Man cartoon.
- Raiden is Axel, Iruka and Spider-Man
- The Fear's voice wasn't the first time his voice actor (Michael Bell) voiced someone from a military unit called Cobra. Neither were Volgin or The Pain.
- In the original, The DARPA Chief was Gray Fox (and Stillman), and both were also the Grim Reaper, Luke Cage and Aku Aku. In The Twin Snakes, the Chief retained his voice actor, but Gray Fox was recast. He was then voiced by the same guy who did Bubsy the Bobcat and Pinky.
- Rob Paulsen also voiced Raphael, and Gray Fox is killed by Leonardo. Eerie coincidence!
- The Peace Walker has Bubbles voicing Paz. And when turned on Japanese voice, she's Fate Testarossa. Which makes it more surprising when you realize that she's the Big Bad.
- President James Johnson, the Fear and the Fury are Vorador, Raziel and Moebius respectively.
- Let's not forget singing voices, too. The lady who sang Snake Eater - and I Am The Wind from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Yep, same person - Cynthia Harrell.
- Looks like The Boss and Vamp got jobs at Quahog Channel 5 News. Vamp wpuld like to let you know that it's gon' rain.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.