The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The infamous Fission Mailed screen in Metal Gear Solid 2. 
- "WE'VE MANAGED TO AVOID DROWNING!" 
- "I need scissors! 61!" 
- "Snake, answer me! Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!" 
- "Activate it!"
- "You're pretty good."
- Did you say "nerd"?
- Raiden's Hips Don't Lie.
- A DUD?!
- LOOK AT THIS SCAR, JACK! 
- LIQUID!!!! 
- "I FEEL ASLEEP!" 
- "Uh-oh! The truck have started to move!"
- Metal Gear 2's "deadly poisonous Zanzibar hamsters".
- On this very wiki, on this very page, ending every entry referring to Metal Gear Solid 2 with a Pothole to Mind Screw over a synonym for maybe. Maybe.
- "Metal... Gear?!" Often used to poke fun at Parrot Exposition, stealth gameplay or Metal Gear. 
- A surveillance camera?!
- A Hind D?!
- "Hey, you're that ninja."
- "You can't do that! The future will be changed! You'll create a time paradox!" 
- ! 
- What was that noise?
- Whose footprints are these!?
- It's just a box.
- "THERE IS NO TRAP ON THE TRAIN." 
- This is just like one of my Japanese animes! 
- "Now that's how an assassin operates!"
- "Twelve [noun]s. More than enough to [verb] anything that moves." 
- CRAB BATTLE!
- Oh, hotness, I wanna bang you!
- Naked Snake's Flanderization into trying to eat everything in sight, and wondering if it can be eaten if it's not.
- ↑ As part of the Mind Screw, near the end of the game a fake Game Over message is displayed with the words "Fission Mailed" instead of "Mission Failed" and the game continuing in a smaller window. As an unaware player can easily die thinking it is a real Game Over screen; the term is used to describe failures of a higher level than normal, as well as the trope it named.
- ↑ One of Raiden's lines. Popular for its Narm, as his tone suggests it's something for which he should be very proud.
- ↑ One of the fake Colonel's codec messages after Arsenal Gear is partially infected with a virus. Popular for its absurdity. Used to parody people who post Insane Troll Logic on the Internet. Time Cube is a prime example of the type of thing that gets this response.
- ↑ Yelled by various characters after a Game Over in most of the games.
- ↑ Mannerisms particular to Revolver Ocelot.
- ↑ The Boss reveals her caesarian scar as part of her explanation of her backstory.
- ↑ Liquid and Snake spend a lot of the first Metal Gear Solid yelling at each other.
- ↑ The original Metal Gear had a lot of this.
- ↑ About half of Snake's dialogue is copying someone else.
- ↑ The Colonel yells this in Metal Gear Solid 3 after a Game Over or killing a character that appears in a chronologically later game. Used when someone does something that would mess with time.
- ↑ The reaction all the guards have when they discover the player. Used when someone is surprised.
- ↑ A Suspiciously Specific Denial your Mission Control gives you at one point. Believe or not, there is in fact a trap on that train.
- ↑ One of Otacon's first lines, part of his Establishing Character Moment as a collosal nerd with a tenuous grasp of reality.
- ↑ A snowclone based on Ocelot's claim that he can kill anything with the twelve bullets in his two revolvers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.