The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: Battle between no less than three fractions with each trying to defeat other two.
- Straight: Super Troper Team is in the middle of a fight with Empress Abyss and her army of alien soldiers, when suddenly Emperor Evlulz appears with an army of undead and orders them to kill both factions.
- Exaggerated: Super Troper Team vs Empress Abyss vs Emperor Evlulz vs Master Destruction vs General Psychopathic vs Holy Knight vs Bloodgun vs Satan vs Prime vs...
- Justified: Emperor Evlulz orchestrated events that led to the fight between Super Troper Team and Empress Abyss, so he can strike at his greatest enemies when they're busy fighting each other.
- Inverted: All three sides realize that fighting is pointless and they should team up.
- Subverted: In the moment Emperor Evlulz appears, Empress Abyss and Super Troper Team join forces against him.
- Double Subverted:...Only to double-cross their new allies in a middle of the battle, so she can kill both sides.
- Parodied: Emperor Evulz and Empress Abyss join forces, then remember "Oh, right, we're evil!" and resume fighting as before.
- Deconstructed: The weakened and wounded heroes are no match for Emperor Evlulz's undeads, so are Empress Abyss' troops. Yet, out of mutual pride and hate, they refuse to join forces and decide to keep fighting on two fronts, instead on focusing on one enemy. They are quickly overpowered and killed.
- Reconstructed: While both heroes and aliens are weakened and refuse to join forces, they still are strong enough to fight both Emperor Evlulz and each other.
- Alternatively, while Super Troper team and Empress Abyss haven't actually agreed to an Enemy Mine, Emporer Evlulz happened to teleport in right between them, so they end up focusing most of their effort on his undead anyway while still making pot shots at each other.
- Zig Zagged: Super Troper team and Empress Abyss team up when Emporer Evlulz appears, until Empress winds up with Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. Seeing how Empress is now the strongest single faction, Emporer agrees to an Enemy Mine with Super Troper team, only to betray them himself when the playing fields are level again...
- Averted: Super Troper team fights Empress Abyss, and when Emperor Evlulz shows up, he decides to wait to see who wins before joining the fight.
- Enforced: "Another fight between good and bad guys? It's been done to death. We need to add something here, like, I don't know, a third party, who wants to kill everybody, or something.”
- Lampshaded: "Sure, fighting with one evil army wasn't enough, now we have two. At least they don't join forces.”
- Invoked: Lord Overseer directs Emporer Evlulz into the battlefield where Super Troper team and Empress Abyss are fighting, knowing everyone will be too spiteful and shortsighted to form any alliances.
- Defied: Bloodgun finds out that Emperor Evlulz is going to interrupt battle between Super Troper Team and Empress Abyss, so he attacks his troops and forces them to retreat before they can interrupt the battle.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Melee a Trois
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.