|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mega Man X: Command Mission is a video game released in 2004 by Capcom for the Play Station 2 and Game Cube. It is a Gaiden Game to the Mega Man X series, considered non-canonical despite references to events from previous games, and also differs in being an RPG rather than a platform action game.
The setting is Giga City, an artificial island in the Pacific Ocean built for mining Force Metal. A team of three Maverick Hunters, X, Zero and Shadow, are sent to the island to stop the Rebellion of reploids led by Epsilon.
- Action Commands: Each character has at least one Action Trigger; in exchange for all of the character's subweapon energy, the Trigger starts up a simple minigame which can unleash some of the game's most impressive attacks.
- Action Girl: Cinnamon and Marino.
- Anime Theme Song: "Jounetsu Setsuna"
- Boss Rush: Made of copy chip Reploids.
- Bounty Hunter: Spider, the original one at least.
- Bridge Bunnies: As one early chapter proves, these are mandatory.
- Charge Meter: Instead of the traditional glowing/flashing, X uses a meter to show how much WE is put into the attack.
- Curse Cut Short: "You sonnuva-" [[[Fight Woosh]]]
- Death Dealer: Spider.
- Everything's Squishier with Cephalopods: Mad Nautilus.
- Finishing Move: The Final Strike.
- Five-Man Band:
- Giant Mook: Mettaur Gigant.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chests: Those weird floating diamond things.
- Infinity+1 Sword: X's new version of the Ultimate Armor and Zero's Absolute Zero armor.
- La Résistance: The Rebellion. But there was also another La Résistance group against this insurgence, to which the heroes joined up with during the game.
- Laser Blade: Various bladed weapons called "Beam <object>".
- The Mole: Shadow and later Spider, who turns out to be the Big Bad in disguise.
- More Dakka: Ultimate Armor. The normally pacifist X packs a chest laser, machine guns on both hands, and a missile launcher strapped to his back, not to mention double the attack power.
- Mythology Gag: The Absolute Zero armor looks suspiciously like Bass.
- Overprotective Dad: Professor Gaudile to Cinnamon, initially.
- Panthera Awesome: Wild Jango.
- Sdrawkcab Name: the biggest clue to the Big Bad: Spider/Redips. It was supposedly Lampshaded in the instruction booklet, which had the excuse of misspelling the latter name so that no one would make the connection until the Reveal.
- Shotoclone: The Bonus Boss, Ninetails, is a robotic chi warrior based around the Kitsune legend… who uses a massive Hadoken as one of his most powerful moves.
- Super Mode: The Hyper Modes.
- Tagalong Kid: Cinnamon somewhat fits this role. (Axl is grown up in this game.)
- Unobtainium: Force Metal, used in reploid engineering.
- Walking Armory: Or rather, "floating", as X's Ultimate Armor makes him too heavy to stand. It's also, by far, the most heavily-equipped armor in the series.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Epsilon.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: A particular bad one. After you beat the Big Bad nothing about the other allies (Marino, Steel Massimo and Cinnamon) is neither told or known.
- When Things Spin Science Happens: At the top of Central Tower is the Resistance headquarters. In there is a great big computer, and you can notice a number of spinning things throughout the room that make it operate. (Early in the game, you even find a techie repairing the central spinner underneath the main computer console.)
- Year X: The game is set in the year 22XX.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Just when you thought defeating the Rebellion signals the end of the game, your superior betrays you, steals the Supra Force Metal, and turns out to be the real Big Bad.