|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Entry #6 for the Mega Man series, released October of 1993 in Japan, and March the next year for overseas.
A robot combat competition was being held, and people from all over the world sent their own unique creations to show off to the world. Dr. Light, being a pacifist, didn't enter Mega Man into it, but sent him along to make sure the contest ran smoothly. Everything was going well, until only the 8 finalists were standing. The host of the contest, the mysterious billionaire Mr. X, took control of the robots. He told everyone the contest was only held so he could use the robots to conquer the world, so Mega Man must keep Mr. X and these new Robot Masters from their goal of world conquest.
- DWN-041: Blizzard Man, weak to Flame Blast, gives Blizzard Attack
- DWN-042: Centaur Man, weak to Knight Crush, gives Centaur Flash
- DWN-043: Flame Man, weak to Wind Storm, gives Flame Blast
- DWN-044: Knight Man, weak to Yamato Spear, gives Knight Crush
- DWN-045: Plant Man, weak to Blizzard Attack, gives Plant Barrier
- DWN-046: Tomahawk Man, weak to Plant Barrier, gives Silver Tomahawk
- DWN-047: Wind Man, weak to Centaur Flash, gives the Wind Storm
- DWN-048: Yamato Man, weak to Silver Tomahawk, gives the Yamato Spear
- Armor Piercing: The Power Adaptor. The Yamato Spear is also capable of penetrating some shielded enemies.
- Disc One Final Boss: Mr. X.
- Dual Boss: Rounder II
- Epic Flail: The machine Mr. X battles you in is based off this.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Yamato Man.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Knight Man carries a shield that protects him from frontal attacks. The Yamato Spear is the only weapon that will pierce it.
- The Man Behind the Man: Mr. X claims in the intro to be the one manipulating Dr. Wily all along. (He is right; in a way...)
- Marathon Level: Plant Man. You fight two Minibosses after the checkpoint, and if you don't die from that, there's the very lengthy spring section right up to the Boss door.
- Mook Maker: Metall Potton.
- Nerf: Beat was a Game Breaker in 5 (all the Dark Men plus the Wily Capsule are weak against him); here he can't even attack Bosses anymore.
- No Export for You: Capcom decided not to publish this in North America, but Nintendo picked up the tab.
- Europe didn't get a release at all.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Mr. X; take the beard and glasses away and you get...
- Shout-Out: The Mettonger Z boss is clearly modelled after Mazinger Z's head.
- Springs Springs Everywhere: the latter half of Plant Man's level.
- Stealth Pun: Knight Man and his otherwise impenetrable shield is weak against the Yamato Spear. 
- Villain Exit Stage Left: Finally averted. Mega Man ties Wily up in chains and drags him to prison.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Who would expect Tomahawk Man to be weak to a shield made out of petals? On the flip side, it's amazing how many of Mr. X's Boss Robots fall to the Silver Tomahawk.
- ↑ in other words, die at any point after, and you have to fight both of them again
- ↑ the unstoppable spear beating the unbeatable shield