The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Composer Allusion: In concert stages, veteran composer Jerry Goldsmith who did the beautiful music for this film would recount a story of how Connery copied Goldsmith's signature ponytail hairstyle for his character Robert Campbell in the film. In the film's closing credits Goldsmith is listed as "hair designer".
- The Amazon (the Amazon)
- And That Little Girl Was Me: A very not-nice version.
- The Atoner (Dr. Robert Campbell)
- Chekhov's Gun
- Book Ends: "I would like a meal and a bath." "Unbutton your shirt."
- Cure for Cancer: Robert Campbell managed to find it with extracts from a species of bromeliad endemic to the Amazon, but unfortunately he couldn't seem to find it. It turned out that it wasn't in the bromeliads at all but through a rare breed of ants.
- Going Native
- National Geographic Nudity
- Green Aesop
- Hot Scientist (Bronx)
- I Choose to Stay (Bronx, at the end)
- It's All My Fault / My Greatest Failure (Campbell was the man that accidentally introduced the swine flu to the other tribe, which resulted in every one of their members dying. Hence his insistence on Bronx' keeping a quarantine before interacting with the natives.)
- Littlest Cancer Patient
- Sadly Mythtaken: At some point in the movie, the tribesmen talk about Juju. However, Juju is a reference to West African folk religion, and has nothing to do with Native American tribes.
- Wham! Line: "I thought you meant Mocara."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.