|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Medibot is a Cloudcuckoolander Let's Player who specializes in Kirby games, and often plays co-op with his friend My Name Is Kaz. He and Kaz have also been guest commentators and participants in Pokecapn's Let's Play's, including the infamous Sonic 2006. He has guest-starred in other Let's Plays as well, including Kung Fu Jesus's God Hand and Wolfshirt's Dungeons and Dragons game.
Notable Let's Plays are:
- Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards, solo.
- Kirby Super Star, with Kaz as Kirby and medibot as the helper characters.
- Kirby's Dream Land 3, with medibot as Kirby and Kaz as Gooey.
- Kirbys Epic Yarn, with medibot as Kirby and Kaz as Prince Fluff.
- Mario Or Luigi Superstar Saga, with Kaz as Mario and medibot as Luigi. The game was designed to be a one player game with the player controlling both characters, but they came up with a way to make it a two player game.
- Kirbys Return to Dream Land with special guest stars Kaz and Pokecapn, who don't come in until their characters are summoned.
Provides Examples Of:
- Adorkable: Glasses, silly voice, eccentric mannerisms... oh yes, and this.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: For the entire Bean-Bean Kingdom. It's apparently corrupt as hell.
- And That's Terrible: "Swear words are explosive, and that's terrible for everyone."
- Let's Player Appeal: The majority of games that medibot has LP'd are Kirby games. He even outright states on more than one occasion that he likes games with Kirby in it.
- Badass Bookworm: As Miriam Webster, holy librarian of Ioun, who has a book for everything.
- Bonus Level of Hell: Some of the bonus games for Kirby's Epic Yarn.
- Catch Phrase: "Delicious!" Sometimes followed by Kaz saying "Go get 'em!" when he's eaten a power-up.
- "SUMMON: MEDIBOT!"
- "I/You touched [X]"
- Cloudcuckoolander: Medibot, in spades. Kaz just goes along with it.
- Crap Saccharine World: "You grew up in a rough neighborhood, Kirby."
- According to them, the Bean-Bean Kingdom.
- Crossover: "Now I really want to play "Sonic in Dream Land"."
Kung Fu Jesus: They could have called it (Ripple Field) The Ocean Zone, or something.
Kaz: Yeah, well. This would be called Ocean Zone if this were Kirby the Hedgehog, or Sonic in Dreamland or something.
Kung Fu Jesus: That would...be an interesting crossover, and something I would want to see.
- Death Trap: Medibot and Kaz insult the games trap's and then try to come up with more efficent traps to use in their evil lair.
- Drop the Hammer: "This is a game about hitting jerks with hammers." "You can hit ghosts, with hammers- souls..." "There is nothing that cannot somehow be hit with a hammer."
- Return To Dreamland has Dedede playable, resulting in the combination of this trope and Cutting the Knot.
- Heroic BSOD/Ten-Minute Retirement: In Kirbys Return to Dream Land, whenever Kaz accidentally kills a Noddy, he drops out to think about what he's done.
- Honor Before Reason: The pre-boss level in world 6 places a Noddy underneath a crusher, and there is no way to save it. As a result, Kaz opts out of the stage entirely.
- Joined Your Party/Drop in Drop Out Multiplayer: The LP of Kirbys Return to Dream Land starts off as a solo medibot experience. A few minutes into the game, a blue Kirby joins the action, controlled by Kaz as is traditional for multiplayer Kirby games. And then, three levels into the game, a yellow Kirby appears...
- No OSHA Compliance: Deliberately preferred by Kaz as a far more efficient way of disposing of adventurers while saving money than high-cost traps that have their only purpose be to break.
- Madness Mantra: In Episode 14 of Superstar Saga, when Luigi is hypnotized into thinking he's Mario, medibot starts mumbling about how he's Mario and he's the best and he has to save Mario because he's Mario. Mario.
- Phrase Catcher: Whenever a Gordo appears: "Watch out for Gordo. Gordo will get you."
- Robe and Wizard Hat: Essential for playing Wario Ware, as shown here.
- Special Guest: Kung Fu Jesus on Kirby's Dreamland 3.
Medibot: Now, I brought Kung Fu Jesus in as a special happy fun guest commentator -
Kung Fu Jesus: No, that's false. I brought myself, thank you very much.
Medibot: He was brought in by an unknown force.
Kung Fu Jesus: By my own force...
Kaz: Welcome to Level 2! Ripple Field! In the game that we're playing.
- What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome?: INVINCIBLE CANDY!
- What Do You Mean It's Not Political?: During Mario Or Luigi: Superstar Saga, medibot and Kaz go into extremely in-depth discussion of Bean-Bean Kingdom's politics and economy.