The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: The character is mean and nasty, but the actor behind that character is not.
- Played Straight: Evil Elliott is played by an actor that happily chats with fans and loves playing in the backyard with his kids.
- Exaggerated: Evil Elliott is a Complete Monster, but the actor that plays him is so nice it's almost scary.
- Justified: There's a difference between on-set and real life; just because a character is mean doesn't mean the actor is.
- Inverted: Nice Character, Mean Actor
- Subverted: Evil Elliott is played by an actor who is not mean, but also not very sociable.
- Evil Elliott's actor seems nice enough... but when he makes a convention appearance, a vicious side to him comes out.
- Double Subverted: But when that actor is with his family and/or close friends, he's very nice.
- ...Because he's hamming it up for the fans, who love watching him be a bad guy.
- Deconstructed: ???
- Reconstructed: ???
- Parodied: Evil Elliott rapes the Love Interest to The Hero and brags about it, but off the set, the actor apologizes to her and buys her a nice dinner.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes the actor in question is nice, sometimes he's mean.
- Lampshaded: "He may be a villain on the set, but when the cameras are off, he's the nicest person I've ever met!"
- Averted: Evil Elliott is a cartoon character from a silent cartoon.
- Evil Elliott is played by an actor who is a complete Jerkass.
- Enforced: The director wanted the betrayal of Elliot to be extra-shocking so he cast an actor who was not only typecast for pacifists but also an incredibly nice philanthropist.
- Invoked: Hoping to shake his image as a jerk, Elliott's actor starts being extra-nice off the set.
- Defied: In order to maintain Evil Elliott's Big Bad image, the actor becomes a complete jerk.
- Discussed: "In real life, Bob would never act like Evil Elliott. He's just too nice."
- Conversed: "It's really unnerving, seeing Bob change from a really nice guy to the monstrous Evil Elliott when he is being filmed. He does do the part well though."
Back to Mean Character, Nice Actor
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.