|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
The plot is this. You are The Mastermind. You wanna conquer the world. But you are just starting from your abandoned warehouse.
Throughout the course of the game, you go from living in your abandoned warehouse, to owning a Moonbase, multiple evil businesses, hordes of Mooks, and a council of advisors and patsys, along with a specialist bodyguard, using stolen funds, kidnapping, and pretty much whatever you can, as long as it's evil, to conquer the world. And then flee and gloat when you blow it up.
The Game provides examples of:
- Bad Boss: The Mastermind enjoys killing off his own men more than he really should.
- Bald of Evil: The Mastermind.
- Big No: You've achieved your lifelong goal of blowing up the Earth, but you forgot your Cheesy Snacks!
- Contemplative Boss: If you attach a patsy to a mission, the ending cutscene will have a Minion report to the patsy looking out the window.
- The Dragon: The Henchmen that you can hire to help guard your base.
- Dumbass Mastermind
- Earthshattering Kaboom: Project Genesis.
- Evil Laugh: The Mastermind. Of course.
- Evil Gloating: The only thing you can do at the end, up to flipping off the remains of the earth.
- Face Framed in Shadow: The Mastermind.
- For the Evulz: The only thing that really motivates The Mastermind.
- Faceless Goons: The mooks are identically masked (the only difference is in cutscenes where they have different voices).
- Gag Boobs: One of the henchmen. Her description notes that she makes a great cupholder.
- If you're not familiar with the original Mastermind flash series, you'll find out that she literally is a walking pair of massive breasts with legs.
- Gory Discretion Shot: In kill missions.
- Hey, You: When assigning generic henchmen and baronesses to jobs, the Mastermind doesn't bother remembering their names.
- Hold the Line: The endgame has you defending your base while you proceed with Project Genesis.
- Mike Nelson, Destroyer of Worlds: The Mastermind himself in the ending.
The Mastermind:"Boil the Oceans! Burn the skies! Destroy the Earth!"
Mook #1: "Wait, what? I thought we were gonna conquer the world!"
The Mastermind: "Destroying IS Conquering. It's true, I looked it up!"
Mook #1: "Sir, it's been an honor to serve..."
The Mastermind: "Yeah, well now I'm gonna fuck off into space! I owe ya guys one! See ya!"
Mook #2: (As The Mastermind blasts off into space) "WHAT AN ASSHOLE!"
- Psychotic Smirk: The diversion mook in the kill missions looks a bit too happy about the blood splattering on his mask.
- Shout-Out: Various to several different Newgrounds work.
- Supervillain Lair: Several Examples. You start off in a warehouse in Philadelphia. You can eventually steal science that allows you to buy an Island Base, a Gaelic Castle and a Moon Base.
- Stupid Evil: See Take Over the World.
- Take Over the World: The Mastermind thinks that an Earthshattering Kaboom is the exact same thing.
- They Called Me Mad
- We Have Reserves: It is eventually possible to create a random number of mooks to defend your base that don't count towards the limit.
- You Have Failed Me: A given. It usually goes like this:
"Does anyone know why I called this meeting?"
(Patsy answers question)
"Actually, it's because I'm going to kill you!" (presses trap door button)