|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Canon Defilement: There is a list of Deception's many, many continuity errors as linked below. Let's just say it'd be easier to make a list of what it got right.
- Internet Backdraft: The numerous errors regarding the lore of the Mass Effect universe led to this Google doc, this forum thread on the BioWare Social Network (which reached 456 pages), and this open letter on the Mass Effect Wiki. Days after the book's release, BioWare announced that a revision would be made, though it was never published.
- Memetic Mutation: See Narm.
- Narm: Kai Leng eating Anderson's cereal. The inevitable "cereal killer" jokes don't help.
- Kai Leng "urinating in a vase that he had selected for that purpose". Yes, that happens. In those exact words.
- Gillian's death. It should be tragic, but there's something inherently funny about the fact that Kai Leng is killing her with a goddamn toothbrush.
- Really, just Kai Leng.
- Never Live It Down:
- William C. Dietz isn't very likely to escape being "that guy who wrote Mass Effect: Deception" any time soon...
- This book gave Kai Leng the infamous "cereal killer" nickname.
- They Just Didn't Care: See Internet Backdraft.
- Unfortunate Implications:
- What an Idiot!: Late in the novel, Hendel threatens biotic harm on Aria in the middle of her private room in Afterlife. He's damned lucky all she did was taser him.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.