The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Alas, Poor Villain: Matriarch Benezia, Saren if you manage to convince him that he's been indoctrinated.
- Breather Boss: When compared to the bosses on Therum, Noveria and Feros, the first Saren battle on Virmire is pretty straightforward.
- Demonic Spiders:
- Ear Worm: If you are planning to do side quests, this.
- Genius Bonus: Binary Helix is working on a biological weapon for Saren based on a pesticide, making it Saren gas. Oy.
- Goddamned Bats: Husks and Thorian Creepers.
- Good Bad Bug: There are also a couple of occasions to completely max out your Paragon/Renegade scores in a couple of minutes; however, doing so corrupts your save files and makes your actual decision in that scenario discounted in the sequel.
- It Was His Sled: The Sadistic Choice on Virmire and Sovereign being a Reaper.
- Moral Event Horizon: Mass Effect Revelation reveals that Saren crossed it long before he attacked Eden Prime.
- The entire attack on Asteroid X57 for Balak.
- Dr. Saleon made crossing the MEH a habit of his.
- Most Annoying Sound: "Decontamination in progress. Decontamination in progress. Decontamination in progress. Decontamination in progress."
- "ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!"
- "Hold the line!"
- "GO GO GO!"
- "I will destroy you!" - this last one was picked up by Jack in 2 and her biotic students in 3.
- "ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!"
- Scrappy Mechanic: The Mako in general, and the long elevator rides.
- Special Effect Failure: The way corpses frozen by your Cryo Rounds explode wouldn't look out of place on the ZX Spectrum.
- That One Achievement: The achievements that require playing through the majority of the game with each individual squad member. This includes the sidequests and such.
- That One Attack:
- Acid attacks from the thresher maws and rachni completely bypass your shields, no matter how strong they are.
- Also, in this game only, melee attacks do the same thing, which means ME1 is the one and only game in the trilogy where ordinary Husks pose any threat.
- That One Boss:
- The krogan battlemaster on Therum, at least if you go there early. Some classes may find the fight easier, however, such as the Soldier.
- Matriarch Benezia, mostly because of the asari commandos and geth snipers that help her...and because this is often not only one of the hardest fights in the game, but also the most prone to glitches, making it a Luck-Based Mission for many (if Benezia decides to start throwing magically cover-ignoring Warps at you, you're done).
- That One Sidequest:
- The Volcano Hunt mission in Pinnacle Station. You get more time on the clock for each enemy you kill, but the amount of time you get back is progressively less for each one. You will want to put your keyboard/controller through the screen after coming up 2 kills short of the top score for the 10th time. For some reason, the Volcano map is the only one with this problem - with the others, a sufficiently skilled player can keep the mission going indefinitely and have no problem racking up enough kills.
- Pinnacle Station in general, really.
- The rogue VI assignment on Luna. You have to clear three bases full of hovering drones that can kill you in one hit.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.