When you think of Masami Kikuchi, just think of him as an older Satoshi Hino, nearing fifty to be exact. His roles, as implied, are usually of the Unlucky Everydude or the guy with the Unwanted Harem variety.
These days, though, he broke out of his pigeonhole. Just look at his range of roles in the Digimon franchise alone.
Notable roles by Masami Kikuchi:
- Keiichi Morisato in Ah! My Goddess
- Hiroshi Wakato in Prince of Tennis
- Tenchi Masaki in Tenchi Muyo!
- Ino Abbav in Gundam ZZ
- Sieg Hart in Groove Adventure Rave
- Jou and Shin Kido in Digimon Adventure
- Demon and Shuu Kido, in addition to the aforementioned Jou and Shin, in Digimon Adventure 02
- Rob "Dolphin" McCoy and Grani in Digimon Tamers
- The Narrator and Neemon in Digimon Frontier
HitlermonAkihiro Kurata in Digimon Savers (Seriously, SERIOUSLY Playing Against Type)
- Damemon/Tuwarmon in Digimon Xros Wars and Digimon Xros Wars the Young Hunters Leaping Through Time
- Onigiri in Air Gear
- Kaine Wakaba in Metal Armor Dragonar
- Kyanchome in Konjiki no Gash Bell
- Katsuma Serizawa in Tokimeki Memorial Drama CDs
- Saleh in Tales of Rebirth, probably what would be 'An Akihiro Kurata in the Tales world'
- Maiku Koiru in Ninja Senshi Tobikage
- Sonic the Hedgehog (!) in Sonic the Hedgehog OVAs
- Baki Hanma in Baki the Grappler
- Spica in Saint Seiya.