Described by Kubo Tite and The Other Wiki, as "Overly Energetic, Very Friendly, Open". Masakazu started his career as a motion capture actor. He first did the motion capture for Zell Dincht from Final Fantasy VIII, then as the main character Tidus in Final Fantasy X. And since the characters were being voiced by then, he gave it a shot and voiced Tidus too.
While that wasn't quite enough to shoot him into the spotlight, he ended up meeting Kubo Tite, became good friends with him and agreed to voice the main character of Bleach, Ichigo Kurosaki, when it got animated. This marked the start of his success and infamy. Up until today, both have been in a good relationship, and Masakazu opened up a radio show based on his character.
It should be noted however that, infamous or not, he's actually a talented and versatile voice actor, and he's good at leading radio talk shows, being extremely talkative, cheerful and humorous. He also has a very unique way of thinking, and is a bit of a pervert.
Ironically, while Ichigo often makes mistakes with names, Masakazu's name is often mistransliterated as 'Seiichi Morita'.
Notable roles by Masakazu Morita:
- Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach
- Maeda Keiji in Sengoku Basara (Whose personality is probably closest to what Masakazu's like in Real Life.)
- Auel Neider in Gundam Seed Destiny
- Tidus in Final Fantasy X
- Pegasus Seiya in Saint Seiya (Latter series.)
- Pang De in Dynasty Warriors (Proof that he does gruff middle aged men just fine.)
- Ledah in Riviera the Promised Land (He's actually The Stoic in this game.)
- Claire Stanfield/Vino in Baccano (Proving that he can also do Ax Crazy very convincingly.)
- Troy Balton (Zac Efron) in the Japanese dub of High School Musical
- Leki (Loki) in Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2
- Tarble in Dragon Ball: Yo! The Return of Son Goku and Friends!!
- Marco in One Piece (Another laid-back, middle-aged guy.)
- Pod in Pokémon: Best Wishes
- Barnaby Brooks, Jr. (aka "Bunny") in Tiger and Bunny where he plays completely against type as a calm, uptight, reserved Megane.
- Kazuya Hiramaru in Bakuman｡
He has several relationships with other seiyuus. The most recognizable one is with Fumiko Orikasa, who played the next generation of Saori Kido, Rukia Kuchiki and Gabriella Montez, three characters close to Masakazu's characters. Likewise, he also develops a relationship with Junichi Suwabe, with the latter being Sting Oakley, Grimmjow Jeagerjaquez and Seymour Guado, all either friends or rivals of Masakazu's characters.
His English equivalent is Johnny Yong Bosch, since they have identical voice ranges.