|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mary Kate and Ashley IN ACTION! was a 2001 animated series produced by DiC Entertainment. Coming off of the big Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen craze throughout The Nineties, the girls voiced their own animated counterparts. In most episodes, they traveled to different places around the world to solve mysteries, such as Rome, Paris and London, where they went in their own straight to video movies before. As secret agents, they usually solved crimes and mysteries relating to the fashion world.
The show was canceled after one season of 26 episodes due to poor ratings.
Tropes used by the series:
- Animated Adaptation
- Anime Hair: Rodney Choy
- Big Bad: Renee La Rouge is close to one.
- Blondes Are Evil: Sylvie
- Blue Eyes: The Olsen Twins and Sylvie
- Catch Phrase: "Let's go save the world... again!"
- Celebrity Toons
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Renee La Rouge, more or less.
- The Cruella: Renee La Rouge
- The Dragon: Sylvie
- Enemy Mine: "Bad Hair Day"
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French/Gratuitous French: Renee La Rouge and Sylvie
- Femme Fatale: Renee La Rouge
- Foot Focus: Renee in "In A Lather"
- Gadgeteer Genius: Ivan Quintero
- Green Eyes: Renee La Rouge
- Hair of Gold: The Olsen Twins, of course.
- Kid Detective
- Magic Skirt
- Modesty Towel: Renee in "In A Lather".
- The Merch: Books started selling in 2002.
- Not Quite Starring
- Overt Operative: They're Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, obviously.
- Robot Dog: Quincy
- Saturday Morning Cartoon
- Shout-Out: In "Bad Hair Day", the Olsen twins' hair resemble a Super Saiyan.
- Teen Superspy
- They Fight Crime: The Olsen twins and a talking dog. They fight crime.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Rodney Choy