The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Best Known for the Fanservice: If you ask anyone what they're most likely to remember about this series, it'll be Janet van Dyne as Giant Girl and how much the artists liked giving her bus-sized Hartman Hips.
- Funny Moments: Take your pick--either the MODOK issue, or Ego the Loving Planet.
- "You hear Hulk, stupid planet? Earth not interested in you!"
- This troper's always liked "WHO POKED HULK?!"
- The musical Earth, including a chorus of dancing Doombots.
- Spider-Man is rather pissed at Wolverine, and gets his revenge thusly: "Odin, we were wrong! Wolverine really is a troll!" "Aha! Just as I thought!" * Wolverine gets beaten up off-panel*
- "YO, YO, YO, GOOM IS IN DA HIZZY!"
- "Pay taxes."
- Vernon Van Dyne: "It all hangs on how [Janet] became Giant-Girl. She asked me to make her a super hero."
Storm: "No doubt to avenge her mother's death."
Vernon: "Hm -- what? My wife's fine -- she's at tennis now. No, Janet wanted to help people."
- Three words: Galactus. Playing. Baseball.
- Doctor Strange checking on "Nisilette the Unimaginable", making sure no one's imagined her. Gets a Call Back later in the issue.
- Let's just say there's usually at least one per issue.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Not so much for the series itself, but for the character's assorted representations: Giant Girl is the only incarnation of Janet van Dyne that comics fandom universally adores, and the same goes for Hank Pym, used here in his Ant Man incarnation. So, of course, when the series was rebooted, they were both axed.
- Periphery Demographic: The series was also popular with adult comic book fans, because of two reasons; accessible writing and complete isolation from the less-than-popular Darker and Edgier Civil War and, for Spider-Man, One More Day.
- Rescued From the Scrappy Heap: As noted above under Ensemble Darkhorse, Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.