The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Award Snub: His lack of success at the Oscars was kind of a running joke until 2007. Probably the best moment came from Oscar host Jon Stewart after Three 6 Mafia won for the song "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp." "For those of you keeping score: Martin Scorsese 0, Three 6 Mafia 1."
- Fandom Rivalry: With the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Most anti-MCU comments are from Scorsese fans that were stoked by Scorsese into hating the MCU. People who aren't fans of Scorsese (and/or people who don't care what Scorsese has to say) still like the MCU.
- Magnum Opus: Goodfellas is often cited as his. Raging Bull and Taxi Driver are also strong competitors.
- Small Reference Pools: To say that you'd need a fairly thorough background in film to actually catch all the homages and tributes worked into your average Scorsese movie is an understatement. For example, DeNiro's "You talkin' to me?" is a reference to Shane.
- Tough Act to Follow: Scorsese has made 23 films, most of which are not gangster movies. If somebody says "I love Scorsese movies!", odds are pretty good they're not going to talk to you about "Kundun".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.