|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Angela de Marco (Michelle Pfeiffer) is sick of being a mafia wife; she's sick of everything she owns being "hot," she's sick of having to be friends with the other mobsters' wives, and she's sick of her misogynistic douche-bag of a husband, Frank (Alec Baldwin). Then Frank is bumped off, and suddenly his boss, Tony "The Tiger" Russo (Dean Stockwell) wants to get in her pants. And so, she takes her son and moves to the city, but Tony won't leave her alone, and neither will his psychotic wife. She does meet a nice guy named Mike (Matthew Modine), but he turns out to be working for the FBI, who think she had something to do with her husband's death.
Directed by Jonathan Demme.
This movie contains the following tropes:
- Affably Evil: Tony's a nice guy, if you don't cross him.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: When an attempt is made on his life, Tony shows us why he's the boss.
- Ax Crazy: Connie
- Burger Fool: The fried chicken place where Angela first applies, and the burger joint where a rival mob tries to kill Tony.
- Bloodless Carnage: Considering how much violence there is in this movie, there's very little blood.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Mike is the most un-hip guy on the planet, but when a fire-fight breaks out...
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Connie threatens Angela to stay away from Tony by crushing her eggs...
- Fell Off the Back of a Truck: According to Angela, everything they own.
- Foot Focus: Mike gives Angela's bare feet a massage.
- Handbag of Hurt: At the end, Connie makes her entrance by decking Angela with her handbag.
- Hypocritical Humor:
- Impossibly Tacky Clothes: Connie's outfits. The pinnacle is the coat she's wearing at the end, which has several tails from...some animal hanging off it.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Who puts Connie out of commission when she shows up, brandishing a gun? Angela.
- The Mafia
- Properly Paranoid: What tips Tony off a hit's about to be attempted on him? "That's a new clown."
- Too Dumb to Live: It's mentioned at least once the only person Tony actively fears is his wife. You'd think he'd have enough sense not to screw around on her.
- Villains Out Shopping: What's Tony doing when the attempt is made on his life? Getting fast food.