|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Mandy Moore is an American Pop singer, actress and voice actress, best known for looking pretty and turning out to be quite a bit more talented than you'd expect from someone so ornamental.
Amanda Leigh Moore was born in 1984 and released her first album, So Real, in '99. She was the last of the "pop princesses" to debut, and was panned for following in the footsteps of Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Jessica Simpson. The fact that she was still a teenager at this time couldn't have helped, as her lyrics would have had to be toned down even further than the "wholesome Girl Next Door" image the labels were still trying to keep pinned on these gals. It wasn't until Moore's fourth album, released in '03, that she came into her own as a musician, and her more recent albums have been well-liked by those who actually bothered to hear them.
Moore also transitioned over to acting during this period, headlining The Film of the Book A Walk to Remember opposite Shane West. The film flopped, but critics nonetheless had some good things to say about her performance. Gamers will also be pleased to note that she had a brief turn voicing Aerith Gainesborough in Kingdom Hearts I (before being replaced by some combination of Andrea Bowen and Mena Suvari). Her next major film role was the Darker and Edgier Saved, a Black Comedy satire of Christian High School life; it's quite obscure, but people liked what she did with the role. She has had TV roles on The Simpsons, Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs, opposite then-boyfriend Zach Braff. Most recently, she voiced and sang for the most recent Disney princess, Rapunzel, in Tangled, which ought to do some pretty good things for her career considering how well it was received.
This is not by any means a complete and total biography, but since she's been in a lot of productions and gets a lot of hits out here, tropers hoping to add to the Wiki Magic can check the "Related" page for other places she's appeared.
- So Real (1999)
- I Wanna Be with You (2000)
- Mandy Moore (2001)
- Coverage (2003)
- Wild Hope (2007)
- Amanda Leigh (2009)
- Alliterative Name
- Cover Album:Coverage is old classics she was inspired by when she was young.
- Creator Backlash: Loathes her earlier pop work (which makes Old Shame way too kind a description).
- Days of the Week Song
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Follow the Leader: was cast in the Idol Singer mold so popular in the late 90s, just in time to catch the Hype Backlash.
- "God Is Love" Songs: contributed a version of "Only Hope" by Switchfoot to the A Walk To Remember soundtrack, playing up this angle. The fact that her version is the more popular cemented the song's place in this category.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Her earlier songs were rather sexual, with a few years hind sight.
- Hot Amazon
- Jail Bait: first album out when she was fifteen. Regardless of the sanitized lyrics, you know this was going on.
- Music Is Politics: fell victim to this at first.
- Name's the Same: Shared with an applicant on So You Think You Can Dance.
- New Sound Album: Technically "Coverage" was when she started showing off her alternative roots.
- Old Shame: has offered to refund the money of anyone who bought her first two albums. Lived up to it during a radio interview in '06. Yup, that's just how much she hated them.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 5'10". This is the Freudian Excuse for her starting her own fashion label.