The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Base Breaker:
- Jonathan Kent telling Clark to hide his gifts. To some, Pa was trying to hold onto his son and shield him for the harsh realities of the media, while others found that he was telling Clark not to save people.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Batman V Superman established that Superman in the DCEU is MEANT to come across as a ruthless anti-hero. However, some people downplay his very obvious flaws, and write them off as Adaptational Angst Upgrade (when it's actually Adaptational Jerkass).
- Evil Is Sexy: Faora.
- Fanon: As several snarky fans have asked, why didn't Zod just colonize Mars? This led to the fan acceptance that World Engines cannot create something out of nothing and need the target planet to have environmental conditions somewhat similar to Krypton's so it can enact its Hostile Terraforming.
- Older Than They Think:
- Despite what some reviewers say, this film did not establish the "S" as meaning "hope" in the Kryptonian language or having the Kryptonians being a race of Designer Babies. That was there as early as the Silver Age.
- Rooting for the Empire: Micheal Shannon's portrayal of Zod won over a good part of the fanbase.
- Signature Scene:
- You. Are. Not. Alone.
- Superman pulling a Neck Snap on Zod.
- Snark Bait: Oh the snarkier fans had a field day with this one.
- So Okay It's Average: More or less the general audience's take on the film.
- Vindicated by History: After Batman v. Superman and Justice League, complaints about this film have largely died down.
- What an Idiot!:
- The Kryptonian Science Council. Despite having the technology to travel faster than light and colonize other planets, they chose to stick a drill into the thing whose gravity field was keeping their planet together to combat their resource shortage.
- To some, Superman not consulting Jor-El after Zod made his broadcast.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.