Mami Koyama is a veteran seiyu from Aichi Prefecture who is best known in voicing Arale in Doctor Slump, Ryoko in Urusei Yatsura, Launch in Dragon Ball, Balalaika in Black Lagoon, Ophicius Shaina in Saint Seiya, and Kycilia Zabi in Mobile Suit Gundam. She likes to be pigeonholed in Lady of War, The Baroness, and Femme Fatale roles and enjoys playing these types too. She also played against type, like Arale in Doctor Slump. Sometimes, she plays Hot Mom roles, too.
She had a relationship with Tohru Furuya, like in Mobile Suit Gundam, Urusei Yatsura, Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, and Casshern Sins. To a point that they even married. Their marriage failed, but they stayed friends.
Notable roles by Mami Koyama:
- Balalaika in Black Lagoon
- Gundam series:
- Arale Norimaki in Dr. Slump (the character later made a special appearance in Dragon Ball)
- Chiren in Battle Angel Alita
- Sharon Vineyard/Vermouth in Detective Conan
- Ryoko Mendou in Urusei Yatsura
- Esmeraude in Sailor Moon R
- Minky Momo in Magical Princess Minky Momo
- Remy Shimada in GoShogun
- Midori Fujimiya in Gaiking (her debut role)
- Eva Heinemann in Monster
- Kei in Akira
- Ophiuchus Shaina in Saint Seiya (Pre-Hades Chapter - Inferno, succeeded by Yuka Komatsu). She reprises her role in Saint Seiya Omega
- Josephine "Jo" March in the first Little Women anime series (not the World Masterpiece Theater version; that one has Eiko Yamada as Jo).
- Annie Brighton in Candy Candy (succeeded by Yumi Touma in the 1992 movie)