|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
His sound revolves around repetitive arpeggios and sounds like handclaps. He has been affiliated with The Protomen, doing an eight-bit remix of their first album. He has released other albums, Aesthetically Speaking, Charles Park, the self-titled, Makeup and Vanity Set, Charles Park II, The Final Fire, and Never Let Go. He's also released M&VS Presents: The Protomen on vinyl, along with an accompanying T-shirt. M&VS has composed the soundtrack for a film called 88.88.
He is also a ninja.
His website can be found here.
This artist and his works contain examples of:
The Protomen (Via Facebook): On the bus heading to the East Coast and Makeup And Vanity Set is already drunk. He'll be throwing things at cars before you know it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The Act I remix's CD insert paints a picture of a dystopia where those around him died.
- Fan of the Past: He's quite fond of cassette tapes.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- In the Style Of: The Protomen in the style of NES games!
- No Indoor Voice: He uses ALL CAPITAL LETTERS on Twitter a lot.
- The Protomen: As stated above, he created an 8-bit mix of their first album.
- Retraux: 8-bit music made in the 2000's.
- Sequel: According to M&VS, The Final Fire is a sequel to the 8-bit Act 1. Specifically, the story outlined in the liner notes.
- Significant Anagram: Tastyvein is an anagram for Vanity Set.
- Stealth Expert: Being a ninja, this is to be expected.
- Viral Marketing: On the Protomen's forums, there was a thread posted by the user 'tastyvein' claiming to have found a tune similar to the Will of One in an old NES game, with an mp3 as proof. It took about 20 pages for the forumites to figure it out. A Protomen member had to help them out, revealing the anagram.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Charles Park II and III are this.