|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Maka Maka is a Hentai manga about Jun and Nene, two college girls living in the city and studying to be fashion designers. It has a very realistic art style, distinguishing it from similar doujinshi offerings. Yay! It's also all in colour! Maka Maka means "Friends with Benefits" and the two girls are really close and seem to get more from their relationship than from the ones with their boyfriends and/or other male lovers, often showing a sweet, even sisterly, kind of relationship that they might not have if they were more seriously attached.
Maka Maka uses the following tropes:
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Almost completely averted; the only thing that keeps this from being hardcore porn is a lack of complete details in certain areas.
- Big Breasts, Big Deal: Nene is insecure about the size of her breasts. She started designing clothes and studying fashion after she could never find clothes that fit her.
- Bi the Way: The main characters are both bisexual and maintain boyfriends while they have their adventures.
- But Liquor Is Quicker: Nene initiates sex with Jun while the latter is very drunk. It's consensual, though.
- Calling Your Orgasms: In a realistic way.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: A phone discussion of their
- Girls Love: Nene and Jun are really, really close friends. While technically Hentai, Maka Maka is popular with Yuri fans because of the depth of feeling between the main characters (and because of the gorgeously drawn smut).
- Good Bad Girl: Jun.
- Guy of the Week: Jun and Nene go through a number of these, always nameless and rarely seen. It's obvious that Jun and Nene's most valued relationship is with each other.
- Hollywood Pudgy: Nene's insecurity about her body.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Even though they clearly don't identify that way, the girls are both women who sleep with other women and care a lot about clothes and makeup.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: Well, not all the way, but Jun loves to fondle Nene in public places, and Nene sometimes returns the favor.
- Porn with Plot: Or more precisely, "Porn with characterization" - you can tell that both friends care deeply for each other, even though you pretty much only ever see them having sex together.
- Shower of Love
- Shrinking Violet: Nene, with people who aren't Jun.
- Slice of Life: With SEX!
- Your Cheating Heart: It's not clear whether the women's respective ever-changing Guy of the Week know or consent that Jun and Nene are sexually intimate with each other. Jun and Nene clearly don't consider it cheating, especially when they turn to each other because of their boyfriends' shortcomings, nor do the women view having boyfriends as cheating on each other. If there's any actual adultery in-story, Jun and Nene are firmly portrayed as GoodAdulterers.