|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
There is no Faith Abbot...
Sandi is actually a VERY powerful and VERY disturbed esper and Faith is just a projection of hers, ala' Batman's Scarface. Her reactions to people Faith shows attention to is part of her fractured mind. Admittedly, this is probably far from the truth, but would give a very dark twist on the whole comic.
Faith is an evil Expy of Princess Celestia
Elegantly beautiful, multicolored hair, ridiculously powerful by all accounts, and has the worshipful adoration of virtually the entire student population. Next they'll be saying she's a Physical God!
Melissa's not really a witch.
She's a Magical Girl who was adopted by witches and has so far proved a triumph of nurture over nature. The way Mel's been raised means she uses her magical powers the same way witches do, and since there seems to be little noticeable difference (if there is a difference) between witches and humans with magical powers, Mel's never done anything unusual enough for her friends to realize she's different from them. The recent change of scenery, however, is starting to call out to Mel's dormant abilities, which might explain why Magical Maid Melissa and the little girl with her cat up a tree have been on Mel's mind despite her vehement lack of interest in such things. Given that invoking the power of the school apparently produced a magical girl's transformation wand, Faith might have shoved Mel down a path she was born to tread but raised to fear and hate.
Faith is not a nice person, but she's not quite the sociopathic bitch she seems.
It's possible that Faith's predatory personality and flagrant abuse of her psychic powers to toy with the affections of her classmates are actually just another form of bullying to Faith derived from a low sense of self-worth. Earlier in her school life, Faith might have been Lonely At the Top, a prodigal esper but not someone anyone actually liked. Rather than finding a few good friends to try and establish real bonds with people, Faith might have simply snapped after a while and realized she could use her powers to make people love her, and from there fell down the slippery slope that everybody has to love her. Someone like Mel managing through luck or stubbornness to repeatedly rebuff her Instant Seduction might drive Faith to have a Villainous BSOD when she realizes she doesn't have the power to demand the unconditional love of everyone around her.
An attempted translation of the words Mel is speaking in this page, based on a simple substitution cypher, resulted in Beware the Corruptor. His Agent is Near. This has lead to much WMG on the forums, to iclude:
Lets start off with the simple question of is the 'agent' even referring to Faith? Just 'on screen' there is Sandi, Mandi (Tiff?), and junior Psyker Girl there. Plus off screen could easily be Cerise, Jacqui, and a couple dozen of other girls running around in swimwear. And what is 'near'? Hell, the corrupter's agent might be Nina for all we can tell. (And on a side note, wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out that the Delacroixs were Faith's neighbors, with neither knowing the truth about the other?)
Lets assume Sandi is able translate it herself. What will her reaction be? Will she ask the same kind of questions as above? Will she assume that it refers to Faith? And if she does make that conclusion, would she tell Faith, or would it even affect her infatuation?
Is the 'agent' of this 'corrupter' a bad person? They could be operating with the assumption they are on the side of 'good', or not even aware that they are working for the benefit of another power.
And is the 'corrupter' even the bad guy? It might be that the agency that is talking through Mel might be some kind of 'we will bring absolute order to this chaotic world' type force or such, and as such would see any resistance to such as a 'corrupting' factor.
The corruptor is:
- Faith: a powerful esper that easily bends people to her will with an Ironic Name.
- Mindy (the girl with the hors d'ouvres): Someone we know nothing about, with Scary Shiny Glasses and seems to be always right there through out the pool party even distracting Faith as she was testing the wand near Mel. - Jossed -
Faith just might change for the better.
After Tiffany saves her life, she asks her out. Perhaps the attack shook her and having to be rescued humbled her. It's also possible that Faith may have genuine feelings for Tiff, and if they do go out, she may change.
Callista will fall in love with Cerise.
A few reasons, Cerise really blew her away with her introduction. She seems fairly nice and since she hasn't been developed yet, Cerise might pull her into a High Heel Face Turn, or at least get her off of Faith's side. And it would be really cute.
Dating Callista will result in Cerise realizing she really is a lesbian.
While her motive for asking Callista out is purely self-serving, Cerise will grow fond of Callista over time, until eventually realizing that she is actually falling for her. The Transparent Closet opens, and Cerise realizes to her own surprise that she really does want to be Callista's girlfriend, and not just to get popular. Of course, the moment she admits this to herself. Callista will find out from someone else that Cerise has been using her this whole time and promptly give Cerise a piece of her mind before dumping her. Cue a Humiliation Conga as Cerise has to compromise her quest to be Alpha Bitch repeatedly and mortifyingly in an effort to get Callista back.
The headmaster of Charybdis deliberately sent the girls to Artemis Academy in order to get rid of them for good.
In other words, a Uriah Gambit. Probably expected them to expose themselves as witches quickly and get themselves killed.
Faith is the corruptor.
- With the wand coming back into the picture, I decided to re-examine this strip where Melissa first warns of the corruptor, while under the wand's effect. If the translation is to be believed, beware the corruptor, his agent is near, then the answer seems fairly obvious: the corruptor is Faith.
- Let's look at the facts:
- First and foremost, Sandi is one of Faith's agents (the other being, Callista). In the first panel, we see Sandi standing only a few feet away, prepared to take notes on Melissa's reaction as Faith draws nearer, with the wand in hand.
- Once she gets within fifteen feet of Melissa, Melissa goes into a trance-like state and warns that the corruptor's agent (presumably, Sandi) is near. Sure enough, in the exact same panel, we see Sandi making a note of Melissa's 'verbal reaction', to dechiper for analysis.
- That'd make Faith the corruptor, without question. Look at the sway she has over the female student body and how easily she seduces them. Layla even likened being near Faith to a "sugar buzz."
- She had a similar effect on Tiffany, before resisting. She's even called Faith out on abusing her power, both verbally and mentally.
- Assuming the translation, and the rest of the above are correct, the question becomes: is Faith consciously aware of who she is? And, if so, to what extent? Without realizing it, Tiffany may have asked the very same question herself:
Tiffany: "Abusing your power comes so naturally to you, doesn't it? But how much of that's your mind juice? Do you even know?"
- This, along with Faith's cavalier attitude about it, may suggest it's something she does unconsciuosly. Perhaps without malicious intent, depending on the sincerity of her words here.
Will Hekate order Melissa to terminate Faith?
- Extending from the preceding WMG: Hekate has decreed that anyone who knows of the wand's existence to be terminated. So far, that includes Faith. If she really is the corruptor, she's sure to be a target. And even if she isn't, she still knows about the wand. Will Hekate leave Faith's fate to Melissa? Or will she settle the affair herself, if it turns out to be true?
- It looks like Hekate has taken matters into her own hands, since Melissa refused to comply to her demands. Poor Faith.
- There's also Tiffany to consider, who's becoming personally involved with Faith, who's currently under attack from Hekate!
Tiffany x Faith will become canon
- Recent events seem to be shaping up this way as, with each new installment, they appear to be getting closer. At the very least, Tiffany no longer seems to object as strongly as she did in the beginning, and is showing signs of possibly considering it. Though one has to wonder how it'll effect her friendship with Layla if she takes Faith up on that offer.
- Now has a bit more fuel for the fire, as of the newest strip.