|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Note: This section is only for tropes introduced in the ViVid manga. For the rest, see Vivio's character entry in the Striker S character sheet.
Nanoha's adopted daughter, who made her debut in Striker S, now 10 years old and training as a mage. She practices the martial art known as "Strike Arts" under the mentorship of Nove Nakajima, along with her schoolfriends Rio and Corona. After meeting her own "girl with sad eyes", in the face of Einhart Stratos, she decides to follow in her mother's steps and make life-long friends with her using her fists. She has an adult form similar to the one seen in StrikerS, though with less power than the original.
Tropes associated with Vivio (post-Sound Stage X):
- Badass Bookworm: Surprises her friend Rio, who thought she was a bookworm, with her skill in martial arts. On the other hand, Chantez believes she is best suited to being a scholar, fearing that she will suffer an upsetting defeat in the tournament.
- Barehanded Blade Block: Does this while sparring with Chantez.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: In the "Magical Cooking" short side story, Vivio is making cookies for Einhart, but finds the original recipe too plain. So she decides to spice things up with baked caviare and a whole bottle of brandy. Fate nearly gags and Nanoha tells her to her face it's terrible, while smiling. When she actually does follow the instructions Einhart seems to like it.
- Cute Bruiser: She's quite good at martial arts. You'd think Nanoha's starting her a bit early, and should be more concerned about teaching her to do things like make friends. Oh, wait...
- Determined Defeatist: Before her rematch against Einhart, Vivio realizes that Einhart will beat her once again, but decides to put up a hell of a fight nonetheless, if only to earn her respect.
- Everythings Better With Bunnies: Her Intelligent Device, Sacred Heart.
- Generation Xerox: Although they're Not Blood Related, Vivio seems to be going down the same road to friendship with Einhart as Nanoha did with Fate. Bit less antagonism and angst, but it's still there.
- Kung Fu Kid
- Kung Fu Wizard: Mixes Strike Arts with her own magic.
- Love At First Punch: Like most aspects of Nanoha and Fate's relationship, this is being repeated to some degree by Vivio and Einhart. Unlike Fate, Einhart actually did punch her across the room. Vivio's reaction: "Awesome!!"
- Magical Girl Warrior: Probably the straightest use of this trope you're likely to see in Nanoha.
- Older Alter Ego: Her Magical Girl Warrior form. Nanoha actually was the one who ordered this gimmick with the only condition that Vivio use this exclusively in combat training, and not for fun.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Einhart, with quite a bit of friendly rivalry mixed in. The fact that Einhart has the memories of Klaus Ingvalt, who was in love with the original Sankt Kaiser might have something to do with it.
- Senpai Kohai: In chapter 8 states that Einhart is more of a senpai rather than a friend at the moment, but calls her "Einhart-san" rather than "senpai".
- Super Reflexes: Gains this when she's using Sacred Heart, letting her react, dodge, and deflect attacks that move too fast for her to see.
- Third Person Person: Not all the time, but often refers to herself by name. This serves to distinguish her from Older Than They Look characters like Vita and Cinque.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Even though Einhart initially thinks Vivio looks weak, her eyes are "burned into her memory".
Einhart Stratos a.k.a Heidi E.S. Ingvalt a.k.a Hegemon Ingvalt
Voiced by: Mamiko Noto (Gears of Destiny)
The main rival of ViVid, a girl who is said to be a descendant of an ancient Belkan king, who goes around defeating martial artists, and has a particular interest in Vivio and Ixpellia. She turns out to be the alter ego of a girl who attends Vivio's school.
- Badass Adorable: She's a lot more emotionally vulnerable than you'd think from watching her kick ass left, right and center.
- Blow You Away: Some of her magic appears to be wind-based.
- Catch and Return: Kaiser Arts - Cyclonic Wave, which lets her catch multiple energy shots with her hands without dissipating them, letting her throw them back to their owner. And then she returned Nanoha's Excellion Buster by punching it back at her.
- Chekhov's Skill: The water cutting trick she learns turns out to be the basis of the Nakajima family's Unchain Knuckle technique, which she figured out how to do on her own in the middle of a fight.
- Cool Mask: While brawling in the streets, wears a visor until Nove asks her to remove it.
- Dead Guy, Junior: She gives her Device the same name that Olivie was going to give to a baby leopard that became still-born.
- Defeat Means Friendship: An unusual inversion in that she wins the decisive fight against Vivio but still decides she wants to be friends with her.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Even though the kingdom in question is no more. Einhart is a direct descendant of Ingvalt himself, as evidenced by her inheriting his silvery-green hair, heterochromia and even memories. She also uses the title of an ancient Belkan ruler.
- Cute Kitten: Her device Asteon.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: The first time she uses Asteon to transform, he adjusts her adult form's hairstyle to match her normal one.
- Failure Knight: Having the memory of Klaus Ingvalt, she dreams his memory of having lost Saint Olivie every night. Hence her goal of becoming the strongest fighter in existence, so that nothing she loves will ever be taken away. She demands this from everyone, including Vivio.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Besides the heterochromia, she has a rather uneven lock of hair going across her face.
- Genetic Memory: As the descendant of Klaus Ingvalt, she has inherited his memories.
- Girlish Pigtails
- I Have the High Ground: Does this before her fight with Nove.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Einhart's exact goal isn't very clear, even to her. Aside from her wish to prove the superiority of the Kaiser Arts, she also wants to be strong enough to protect her loved ones from anything. This was also Klaus Ingvalt's dream, which he could not realise in his lifetime, so she sees it as her duty to carry on his legacy.
- Kung Fu Kid
- Kuudere: Usually distant and polite, even when pounding someone into paste, she tries very hard to be The Stoic but she does get easily flustered and blushes at times.
- Luminescent Blush: Gets this sometimes when embarrassed.
- Mismatched Eyes: Blue and purple. Must be a common trait among Belkan royal families.
- Of Corsets Sexy: Apparently part of the St. Hilde middle-school girls' uniform.
- Older Alter Ego: Like Vivio, she has an adult mode.
- The Remnant: Subverted. Nove assumes her reasons for wanting to fight Vivio and Ixpellia was because to her the wars of Ancient Belka never ended, but Einhart denies this saying she only wants to prove the superiority of her Kaiser Arts.
- The Rival: She seems to consider both Vivio and Ixpellia as such.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Vivio, not unlike how Fate and Nanoha were at their age. The lack of a major story arc in Vi Vid also helps focus more on their relationship.
- Serious Business: Einhart is a liiittle too tense when it comes to martial arts.
- Shout-Out: To Lockon Stratos of Mobile Suit Gundam 00.
- Spirited Competitor: She went around picking fights with the best martial artists she could find in the hope of finding a Worthy Opponent. She also walked out disappointed during her first match with Vivio, because she wasn't giving it her all.
- Through Her Stomach: In the side story "Magical Cooking", Einhart assumes Vivio is great at cooking, since she Has Two Mommies and all, and that her food "fills everyone who eats it with happiness". She then asks if Vivio could make some cookies for her, while looking quite embarrassed. Vivio on the other hand greatly exaggerates her skills in an effort to impress Einhart. The whole plot plays out like in your typical romantic comedy.
- Training From Hell: Vivio wonders what kind of training Einhart went through, and a scene in chapter 7 shows an almost impossibly heavy barbell on a rack.
- Waif Fu: Her adult form is extremely slender. Nevertheless, she can punch someone across the room and even gives Nanoha a run for the money in close combat. She rarely uses magic and didn't even have a device until chapter 19.
- Zettai Ryouiki: In her adult form.
One of Vivio's school friends, whom she met around the end of third grade. Unlike Vivio and Corona, she's not a fan of books. However, she's a talented martial artist, creating her own style based on her family's techniques and various spells she formulated on her own. Unlike most elemental magic-users, she's capable of using two elements at once - fire and electricity. Her Intelligent Device is Solfege.
- Chinese Girl: Her Device's standby mode and her barrier jacket have distinctly Chinese elements.
- Cute Bruiser: Can throw down with Corona's Golem summons just fine, thank you.
- Cute Little Fangs
- Elemental Powers:
- Genki Girl
- Gratuitous French: The name of her device is French for a type of music technique.
- Hair Antennae
- Kung Fu Kid
- Older Alter Ego: Has her own adult mode.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: Her adult mode.
- Red Oni: To Corona's Blue.
- Shout-Out: Her Enryu and Rairyu spells are obvious references to the same-named robots of Gao Gai Gar fame, and using them together gives her an attack that looks virtually identical to GekiRyuJin's Xiang Tou Long attack.
- Zettai Ryouiki: In her adult form.
Another of Vivio's school friends. Unlike Vivio and Rio, she isn't very good at either magical or unarmed combat. However, there is one thing she excels at - Doll Control. After Vivio praised her skills, she trained this talent of hers until she could create a giant golem named Goliath from out of the ground and deftly manipulate it like her own body. Her Intelligent Device is Brunzel.
- Blue Oni: To Rio's Red.
- Detached Sleeves: Her Barrier Jacket.
- Dishing Out Dirt: The basis of her Golem Creation.
- Funbag Airbag: How she came across Harii's gang of Delinquents.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Improvised Golems: Goliath.
- Knife Nut: Has a dagger-like Device.
- Marionette Master: Her specialty, as shown in the flashbacks.
- Mighty Glacier: Corona's Golem, Goliath.
- Rocket Punch: Her golem can pull these off.
- Summon Magic: A new variety for the series. She appears to animate stone and debris to form Improvised Golems she controls. Now complete with Rocket Punch!
- Squishy Wizard: Notes that she's not good at hand-to-hand combat.
- Zettai Ryouiki
A girl from the Saint Church who, like many of the Saint Church, calls Vivio "your majesty". She is a student of Sister Schach, but enrolls in the Inter-Dimensional Tournament tournament without her permission with help from Sein. She has yet to learn much of the Church's etiquette.
- Blatant Lies: She tells Vivio that her first attack will be to Vivio's right, then attacks from behind.
"Sister Chantez is a good, honest girl! So she won't tell lies... (thinks while appearing behind Vivio) most of the time."
- Diagonal Cut: Inflicts two on Vivio during her Twin Wheeled Sword Dance, in Vivio's imagining the outcome.
- Doppleganger Attack: revealed as one of her powers in her fight against Victoria.
- Dual Tonfas: Bladed ones, just like her teacher's.
- Fridge Logic: In-universe example - realizes that getting matched up with Vivio in the Inter-Dimensional might be a bit weird given she's a sister-in-training of her church.
- Super Speed: Fast enough that Vivio can't clearly see her attacks.
- Unwilling Suspension: Played for Laughs. After she spars with Vivio, Otto and Deed take her by surprise, bind her, and suspend her from a tree with ropes around her wrists.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Mazda Chantez.
- Warrior Monk: In training.
One of several introduced participants in the Inter-Dimensional Tournament. She's a first-timer like Vivio and is in the same preliminary group as her. One of Zafira's strongest pupils, she received training from all the Wolkenritter, as reflected by the names of her attacks and the design of her barrier jacket, with wrist and hip protectors like Signum's. Her Intelligent Device is Star Saber.
- Armed Legs: Her leg guards open up when using her "sword drawing" technique and generate magical blades on her legs that deal devastating kicks/slashes to the opponent.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: In her introduction, thanks the Wolkenritter in turn for training her... and then Hayate and Rein for making her sweets.
- Cute Bruiser
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Snaps a training pole in half without meaning to. Right after it was fixed.
- Finishing Move: Her Starbright Blade is a mana collection attack and thus should get more powerful the later it's used. It's a kick that breaks her opponent's weapon, tears her barrier jacket shreds, sends her flying out of the arena and does twice her base Hit Points in terms of damage, when she only had 10% left. In essence, it's a melee Starlight Breaker.
- Genki Girl
- Heroic Second Wind: Her first big fight doesn't start well. She would have been dead in the first few seconds if it was a real battle.
- Kick Chick: While perfectly capable of punching people silly, her most powerful attacks are kicks.
- Kung Fu Kid
- Loved Ones Montage: Right before said Heroic Second Wind.
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Lamborghini Miura.
Another of the note-worthy participants. Leader of a Gang in a Midchildan Highschool. Hold a grudge against Victoria Dahlgrün for defeating her in the last tournament.
- Badass Longcoat
- Delinquent: She and her group are an obvious Affectionate Parody of this.
- No Shirt, Long Jacket: Her Barrier Jacket.
- Ocular Gushers: She's a bit... sensitive in regards to the aforementioned incident.
- The Rival: To Victoria Dahlgrün.
- Sarashi: A part of her Barrier Jacket. Keeps her decent since she's not wearing anything else under that coat.
- Spell My Name with an "S": So is her name supposed to be Harii or Harry or Hallie or Halley or...
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Subaru Tribeca.
- Would Hurt a Child: "If we're to meet in a match, I won't hold back and will take you guys down with all my strength, okay?"
Descendant of a third Belkan Emperor, the Thunder Emperor Dahlgrün. She hopes to encounter Vivio and Einhart in the Inter-Dimensional to prove she and thus, he is the strongest. She's also friends with the former tournament champion, Sieglinde Jeremiah, though they never got to fight each other.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Sort of, at first one can think she's just a boastfull Ojou making prideful claims about being one of the strongest contestants of the tournament destined to fight Vivio and Einhart, once she puts on her armour and her fight starts, we can see how true her words are after we witnessed the Thunder Emperor crushing Chantez in her first onpage fight.
- Mighty Glacier: Probably the first prominent one since the start of the franchise. During her fight with Chantez she displayed a preference for strong defenses and outstanding attack power over speed. It pays off.
- The Rival: To Harry Tribeca. In chapter 22 they had to be restrained, so as not to start an unofficial fight during the tournament preliminaries.
- Shout-Out: "Thunder Emperor"?
- Stone Wall: Victoria isn't able to dodge your faster moves, but she doesn't care as long as she can crush you. Demonstrated by Chantez, who spammed Victoria with a series of powerful blasts and a flurry of bladed attacks; almost all of them connected, and ALL of them only dealt sub-par damage to Victoria.
Yet another participant in the Inter-Dimensional Tournament with an impressive track record. Micaiah is a swordfighter and an instructor at a local dojo. Being a personal friend of Nove, she agrees to train with Einheart in preparation for the tournament as a favour and also to get some practice herself against "pure striker" types. Her match with Miura is the first shown in detail. Her device is named Seiran.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Sharp enough to quadrasect a bus.
- Clothing Damage: The most severe so far, apart from Fate's mock battle mishap.
- Combat Pragmatist: Her philosophy seems to be to cut down enemies as quick as possible before they get a chance to touch her. She doesn't go easy even on unarmed girls that are half her size, likely as a result of being badly beaten by Sieglinde in the last tournament.
- Detached Sleeves: Her barrier jacket's sleeves have the shoulder covering part cut out and are loose enough to show her armpits from the right angle, so they serve the same purpose as the detached variety, while being more practical for a melee fighter.
- Dual-Wielding: Her device takes the form of a katana and a short sword as per samurai tradition. While it's not her main style, she is shown using both simultaneously.
- Fragile Speedster/Glass Cannon: While she deals massive amounts of damage with her katana, her Storm Armor was designed with speed in mind, rather than protection, and it's especially vulnerable to melee attacks, hence her concern for going against pure strikers.
- Lady of War: Fights in either a traditional Kimono or a Miko outfit and favours the Single-Stroke Battle approach.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: She's a Samurai, but the barrier jacket makes her look like a Miko.
- Rapunzel Hair: It really ought to be sweeping the floor, yet somehow it's always swaying in every shot.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Not evil or anything, but she can be quite scary, which is still a step up from the other ViVid rivals.
- Sarashi: Part of her barrier jacket. Probably because the top seems to be physically incapable of covering her chest.
- Set Swords to Stun: Good thing too, otherwise her opponents would be leaving the arena in pieces. She's still capable of dropping 90% of their hit points in a single attack.
- Slasher Smile
- Tall, Dark and Bishoujo
- Vehicular Theme Naming: Chevrolet Chevelle.
Former champion of the Inter-Dimensional Tournament. She dropped out in the middle of the last one for unknown reasons. Seems to be quite popular among the combatants.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: In all her years in the Tournament, she had never been defeated in battle. Her single recorded loss was due to her not appearing for her match.
- Face Framed in Shadow: In her initial appearance.
- Girlish Pigtails
- In the Hood: Seem to want to keep her face concealed.
- Rapunzel Hair: A little too long to fit under that hood.
A character first introduced in ViVid, who is participating in the 0079 DSAA Inter-Middle for the fifth time. Her best result in the past is city-wide 7th-runner-up.
- Butt Monkey: Seems headed this direction, as she's shown little respect by Harry and Jacqueline, and watches in shock as they almost effortlessly break out of her binds.
- They Call Me Mister Tibbs: Insists that Harry use Japanese Honorifics on her because she's older, but Harry refuses.