|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 1995 family adventure film with a pirate theme.
This film contains examples of:
- Big Eater: Duckbone, I don't think he actually thinks of anything else.
- Brawn Hilda: Gwyn
- Cloudcuckoolander: Everybody!
- Comically Missing the Point: Duckbone is full of this.
- The Comically Serious: Again, Duckbone.
- Coming of Age Story: For Jack Carlisle.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Lily, she seems to prefer going barefoot when human not bothering to wear shoes during the whole movie.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Duckbone, Supperstein and Jolly Bob. There not very bad guy's, just dumb.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Blackbeard, being tunred into gold will ruin your whole day.
- Fish Out of Water: Lily is a near-literal example.
- French Jerk: Supperstein, at least I think he's french...
- Improbable Weapon User: Jack Carlisle, using bubble gum.
- Killed Off for Real: Blackbeard
- Large Ham: Blackbeard.
- Lovable Coward: Duckbone, Supperstein and Jolly Bob.
- Obviously Evil: Blackbeard.
- Our Mermaids Are Different
- Parental Abandonment: Jack feels like he's been abandoned by both his parents, at first.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Lily the Mermaid, but she doesn't have it as bad as some mermaids. She's just a little curious about what it's like to be human at first.
- Pirate Girl: Gwyn
- Pirate Parrot: Subverted, no birds this time around.
- Portal Book: The book "Magic Island" given to Jack by Lucretia which transports him to said island.
- "Reading Is Cool" Aesop
- Rescue Romance: Lily saves Jack from drowning. Then he saves her when she turns back into a mermaid at the wrong time.
- Shout-Out: To Treasure Island no doubt.
- Those Two Guys: More like, those villians three.
- True Companions: Morgan, Gwyn and Dumas.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.