The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A fictional tabletop RPG with a "These & Those" name structure.
- Straight: Sandy and his friends get together to play Servers & Spambots, a version of D&D set in cyberspace.
- Exaggerated: The game is titled "Caves & Serpents".
- Justified: The game is a deliberate Shout-Out to Dungeons and Dragons.
- Inverted: The game is called "Neither Dungeons nor Dragons".
- Subverted: "What's the game called, Servers & Spambots?" "No, don't be silly..."
- Double Subverted: "...we played that last week. This week's Caverns & Crabs week!"
- Parodied: The tabletop game is called Basements & Lizards, and the first game we see the characters play actually features those things.
- Deconstructed: New player Mark is repulsed by the downturn in creativity tabletop games have taken, and leaves the group the same day he joins.
- Reconstructed: ...But he rejoins immediately when he realizes that it doesn't matter how creative a game is, as long as it's fun. And it is.
- Zig Zagged: The tabletop game is called Servers and Spambots, but the system is very different from D&D. However, Bob tries to play like a Lawful Stupid D&D character anyway. But he gets killed by a Killer Game Master.
- Averted: The tabletop game has an original title.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Servers & Spambots? Does everyone follow that stupid naming structure nowadays?"
- Invoked: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Magic Ampersand
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.