|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
2006 movie directed by Tyler Perry. While planning her family reunion, the pistol-packing grandma, Mabel "Madea" Simmons, must contend with the other dramas on her plate, including the runaway who has been placed under her care, and her troubled nieces, half-sisters Lisa and Vanessa.
- Atlanta: Takes place there.
- Chekhov's Gun: About the boiling hot grits.
- Don't Make Me Take My Belt Off
- Dirty Old Man: Joe, Madea's brother
- Domestic Abuser: Carlos, Lisa's fiance
- Establishing Shot: A very long one at the beginning to show that it is in Atlanta.
- Evil Matriarch: Vanessa and Lisa's mother, Victoria and how.
- "Falling in Love" Montage: Vanessa and Frankie, and an inversion later on with Carlos and Lisa showing how much he abused her.
- Family Disunion
- Insult Backfire: When Victoria was told she would rot in hell, she responds "I vacation there!"
- Rape as Drama: Vanessa was dolled up for her stepfather to rape her so that he wouldn't leave her mother.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Vanessa and Frankie
- Stop Being Stereotypical: The wedding planner tells Madea this.
- Would Hit a Girl: Well, Carlos isn't the film's antagonist for nothing...
- Why Waste a Wedding?: Near the end, Lisa decides to cancel her wedding to Carlos after he abused her. The wedding planner laments that her lavish Paris-themed wedding will not be used. Vanessa's boyfriend Frankie decides to propose to her right then. She accepts and they get married.