|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A human is able to withstand much more damage than they should in Real Life, without any explanation.
- Straight: Bob can take a bullet wound to the heart without any lasting damage.
- Exaggerated: Bob can survive a barrage of bullets, a meteor crash, a nuke, a fiery explosion, and a BB pellet without any ill effects.
- Nigh Invulnerability.
- Bob is so drugged he can't feel pain.
- Inverted: Made of Plasticine
- Subverted: Bob appears to survive a bullet wound to the heart, but he was wearing a bulletproof vest.
- Double Subverted: However, the bulletproof vest is ineffective, and Bob baffles hospital staff with a bullet in his left ventricle, in a heart that is still beating.
- Or the bulletproof vest did not work, but bob only recieved a small scar.
- Parodied: Bob can survive a nuke, but a slowly thrown baseball can kill him.
- Deconstructed: Bob believes he is superior to the rest of the human race because of this unexplained invulnerability and proceeds to take over the world. Military from all around the world are unsuccessful in trying to stop him, and he eventually reaches his goal.
- Alternately, Bob is literally made of iron, and the oxygen in the air causes him to rust, slowly rendering him useless.
- Alternatively, Bob does not heal properly due to the sheer volume of damage he receives. He eventually dies from all his wounds.
- Reconstructed: Bob uses his invulnerability to stop evil in the world.
- Zig Zagged: Bob's body switches back-and-forth every episode from being Made of Plasticine to Made of Iron.
- Averted: Bob is able to survive what most humans can, and unable to survive what most humans can't.
- Enforced: "We need to show how strong Bob is. Let's make him survive six shots to the chest!
- Alternately, "I want to make a humorous scene in which Bob is inexplicably able to survive what no human can."
- Lampshaded: "What are you, made of iron?" "Nope, just my blood."
- Invoked: Alice creates a vitamin that causes those who consume it to gain the ability to survive the most impossible attacks.
- Defied: Charlie exposes Bob to radiation that causes Bob to lose his invulnerability.
- Exploited: Stone Wall
- Discussed: "This guy is unstoppable!"
- Conversed: "Oh, is this the one where Bob is invulnerable for no reason?"
- Plotted A Good Waste: ???
- Played For Laughs: Bob needs to regularly apply lubricant to his skin to prevent it from rusting.
- Played For Drama: Bob's invulnerability results in him coming across as rather cold because he cannot sympathize with the injuries of others.
Back to Made of Iron
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.