|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Positive emotions and virtues like love and gratitude usually are not physical concepts. You can't see them; you can't feel them.
But they are now! These objects are materialized out of good feelings. Whether they power you up, you need to collect a bunch of them for some purpose, or they make a weapon for you to use, they are physical manifestations of goodness. On occasion, you may find a living being made of it.
Compare Care Bear Stare, which is instead an attack, not object, of positive emotion. A weapon made of this may overlap with Holy Hand Grenade and/or Silver Has Mystic Powers. Contrast, obviously, Made of Evil. See also God of Good.
- In the Scott Pilgrim series, Scott gets The Power of Love, which is a flaming katana made of love. He later gets a bigger sword called The Power of Understanding, materialized out of the realization that he is Not So Different from Gideon.
- The Amulet from The Monster Squad, which according to Scary German Guy, is made of "concentrated good." Dracula and his cronies want the Amulet so they can destroy it.
- Depending on which emotions you charged it with, the pink slime from Ghostbusters 2 could be this.
- In Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Scott, like in the comics above, the Power Of Love and produces a katana of materialized love. It gets broken by the Big Bad. However, when he discovers the Power Of Self Respect (not in the comics), he forges a new sword out of it that fares much better.
- In Harry Potter, the Patronus Charm summons a guardian that's essentially made of its caster's positive emotions.
- In the Young Adult fantasy novel Avielle Of Rhia, the title character, Avielle, has a magical gift for weaving- she starts by weaving shawls that can give those they where them courage, sorrow, hope, and so on. But as she faces utter darkness and despair, and everything is lost, the Goddess of Rhia communicates with her, and Avi is able to weave a shawl of pure light and love.
- In Kirby's Dream Land 3, helping out each character in each stage gets you a heart star. These later materialize into the Love-Love Stick that you fight Dark Matter with.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, a Collection Sidequest involves collecting Gratitude Crystals, which materialize out of a person's gratitude when Link helps him/her out.
- In Spirit Tracks, Force Gems similarly materialize out of gratitude once Link does sidequests. They open up new sections of railway.
- Harmony from the game Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak is this.
- In Super Paper Mario, the Pure Hearts are said to be made of pure love.
- In Kingdom Hearts, hearts are normally a mix of good and bad, however the Seven Princesses of Heart have incorruptibly pure hearts, to the point that their presence (meta?) physically weakness The Heartless.
- The Elements of Harmony in My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic.
- Also, in the episode Hearth's Warming Eve, the friendship of the three second-in-commands to the leaders of the three races creates a heart-shaped beacon of fire that destroys/repels the Windigos. It still burns to the present day.
- In Samurai Jack, the eponymous hero's katana was made from the goodness of his father.
- The Disney Fairies are stated to be born of a child's first laugh.
- In one episode of Darkwing Duck, Darkwing is split into his good and evil halves, which are later "galvanized" by the same ray so that one is Made of Evil and the other Made of Good.