Maddie Blaustein (1960-2008) was an American voice actress, best known for her long run as the voice of Team Rocket's Meowth on the Pokémon anime. If you need proof of her talent, just look at how varied her roles just within Valkyrie Profile are; being a transwoman allowed her to voice a wide range of characters from both genders.
She fell ill in December 2008 and died in her sleep from natural causes.
Other notable roles include:
- Meowth and other minor roles in Pokémon
- Chatot in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness special
- Dr. Kureha on One Piece
- Solomon Muto on Yu-Gi-Oh!
- The President in Shadow the Hedgehog
- Arngrim, Barbarossa, Lezard Valeth, and Lawfer in the 1st Valkyrie Profile game (Liam O'Brien replaced her as Valeth in the 2nd game)
- Jillas in Slayers
- Chef Kawasaki in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Margarete in Shadow Hearts
- Dr. K in Cubix: Robots For Everyone. Led to an Actor Allusion in One Piece.
- Rassimov in Huntik.
- Helga, Mr. Drake, and Spectre in Dinosaur King. Upon her death, Mike Pollock took over the first two roles, while Sean Schemmel took over the third.
- Wally Tusket, the gay bear stereotype character, and Lord Flash from Ultimate Muscle
She was also Creative Director for the Weekly World News and was herself a former comic book writer and artist. Translator and Localization Director Jeremy Blaustein is her brother.